Need feedback on this image

RKReloaded

Hello Everyone,

I captured this picture on near Venugopal Swamy Temple, on the back waters of KRS. However, after I zoomed in, I felt the picture was not that sharp.

Gear I used.

Canon 70D, 10-18mm Wide angle lens
Tripod
Mirror Look up - Enabled.
IS - Off
Timer - 2sec

Feedback is much appreciated.

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Hi RK,
Image looks decently sharp to me (atleast at above resolution)
Can you post 1:1 resolution screen shot of area you are referring to?

hensil

Guru
Hello Everyone,

I captured this picture on near Venugopal Swamy Temple, on the back waters of KRS. However, after I zoomed in, I felt the picture was not that sharp.

Gear I used.

Canon 70D, 10-18mm Wide angle lens
Tripod
Mirror Look up - Enabled.
IS - Off
Timer - 2sec

Feedback is much appreciated.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rajikedar/26567592334

Mr. Reloaded,
As you are asking our feedback I hope you don't mind me criticizing your picture aesthetically.
First of all it is an average picture aesthetically. It is not clear what is your subject. The composition is poor. Never put your copyright watermark in the middle. It spoils every picture.
Now technically it is fine. I guess you were worried about sharpness which to me is sharp enough. Never judge sharpness at 100 percent magnified because at that magnification you are in the range of poster prints that are viewed at least from a 6 feet distance. The exposure is also fine. What is lacking is the subject.
All the best.
Henry

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
+1 to what Henry said, you need to work on composition. Tit is more important than sharpness.

Using rules of thirds is a good way to get the basics right. Putting sky in top two third of this image would have looked better than 50-50 split at the moment.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

RKReloaded

Mr. Reloaded,
As you are asking our feedback I hope you don't mind me criticizing your picture aesthetically.
First of all it is an average picture aesthetically. It is not clear what is your subject. The composition is poor. Never put your copyright watermark in the middle. It spoils every picture.
Now technically it is fine. I guess you were worried about sharpness which to me is sharp enough. Never judge sharpness at 100 percent magnified because at that magnification you are in the range of poster prints that are viewed at least from a 6 feet distance. The exposure is also fine. What is lacking is the subject.
All the best.
Henry
Thank you for your feedback. I will work on rule of third's. About the copyright, my bad I will be removing it, or do you think I should make it smaller and move it to the bottom left/right?

RKReloaded

+1 to what Henry said, you need to work on composition. Tit is more important than sharpness.

Using rules of thirds is a good way to get the basics right. Putting sky in top two third of this image would have looked better than 50-50 split at the moment.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Thank you for your feedback. Yes I will work on my composition.