Need help choosing alloy wheel and tubeless tyre and probable cost

debu_champ

Hi all....

It's a long time posting anything in this wonderful forum. But again I need you experts and real life user's feedback before stepping ahead!

It's now almost 2 years and 20000 km, I riding my BULLY (RE TB 350 Asphalt). I mainly do city ride around 70 km a day 3/4 days a week. Till now it's like dream come true riding an RE. Though I also dream to spread my wings some day in hills with my bully, but what I am doing, I am loving it....

But there are some dislikes, too....

The foremost among the dislikes is it's not being a tubeless tyre with almost 196 KGs of wait and the ice on the cake is 90% of road side puncture mechanics will refuse you to open the rear wheel due to the disk brake!! At this point, I like to change the wheels to tubeless and few questions haunting me before doing so....

1. The wheel shaped an "S" looked best to me and my first choice. Is there any stability issue for that wheel? Any specific company to purchase? Is there any online purchase option and what should be the price?
2. Does this affect mileage, torque, speed?
3. Any better option which also looks good?

Any expert opinion is highly solicited!!

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
I would suggest have look at the original RE alloys as those would be more reliable and lighter in weight. the ones on the market are on heavier side and quality is mostly questionable. still if you like you can have a look at brand called parado or like that new Harley style rims are more common these days.
regarding the stability point do get the wheel balancing after fitting the tyres over the alloys to make sure the balance is right. for alloys sticker type weights are used in balancing. If you are from Delhi you can have a look around in karolbag for the rims a set would be 6.5 to 8.5k max. And if you find any option which gives some sort of warranty then go for that. Otherwise the wiser choice would be RE original ones.
And on point number 2, alloys would have no effect on any thing you have mentioned here.

debu_champ

Hi IJS...

Thanks for your help!!

Original RE alloys are good but not so classy and bit expensive, too. The service center quoted around 10k for a set for TB350. Still I can consider them if I cannot get over sure on the quality of the outside products.

Sorry, I did not mentioned, I am from Kolkata, so Karol Bag is not an option for me. Also visiting similar (if it is in any mean!!) place in Kolkata called Wellington Square is not so close to my place.

Can you provide a link for both checking and purchasing products of PARADO? I couldn't get much. Though I couldn't spend much time on it to be honest!!

But in search of PARADO, I found a name called "ROYAL ERADO". Are they equally good? Is there any such link to purchase this genuine products?

Also suggest good tyres for both the wheels which provide maximum stability, security and longibility. No other criteria this time... :D ;)

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
I have looked everywhere on the internet and the ones i have mentioned cost 10k or more on every site. Where as the actual market price is considerably less.
You can try at sansclassiclarts.com
They are into Royal Enfield product since a very long time , it is Delhi based company. There are many similar brands one more alloy design that comes to my notice is the kingway. But why i am suggesting to go and check these out personally , is that way you can judge the quality and Weight better.
There one ownership review of tb350 on bcmt itself where the owner has done the modifications u ate looking for. Look around in the Motorcycle reviews section. If i found the link to that thread i will share it with you.

For the tyres i would suggest stick with same size or mac one size up and look at Apollo, metro continental or mrf for the options . Or share the tyre size for both end and i will look for the best possible options.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

debu_champ

Hi IJS...

I understand your point and thanks for your support, too. But you perhaps misunderstood me. I never intend to purchase cheaper one compromising quality or purchasing local wheels. But the reason for which I am looking for 3rd party wheel is that the RE one not looking good and I believe there must be some good looking option which does not compromise quality. And last but not the least, I must go for the cheapest one among which are looking good to me and of proper quality...

I hope I did not puzzle you guys once again... :D :p

Also for your information, the link you provided is not working. But I found few choiceable options in the website of Kingway. But I could not find any dealer location in Kolkata so that I can visit and check few options myself...

Here in Delhi Karpl Bagh is heaven for Bikes, especially RE's. I have met people and most of them recommended using SPOKES. Alloys have its own Risk and the best one suggested to me was by the name of PRADA. I think close to 7000-8000 for a RE

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
If u still haven't bought the alloys then i again suggest re ones as these comes with pre fitted bearings with grease seal, half axle installed , and all the needed bolts for disk brakes and other stuff , half axel for rear wheel too.
Check this video.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

debu_champ

Thanks buddies for your continuous support. I am extremely sorry due to some family mishap and then enormous pressure in working life, I cannot follow this thread any more....

Actually I had zeroed down to Kingway "Star", which to my nominal engineering knowledge felt like a sturdy one. Though as per the video, it didn't came with any spares and I used the original RE spares. The mechanic informed those are of good quality till now and need not to be changed right now. For your information, I rode around 21k KMs till now. After a heavy bargaining, it costs me 5800/- a pair from famous Wellington Square, Kolkata.

Also I purchased a pair of MRF "Zapper" tubeless version, which is again the stock tire model. The stock tire is not tubeless though. I purchased it from MRF showroom nearby and costs me 4000/- a pair. They fitted it to the rim free of cost.

Due to the small hole of valve, the original valve present with the MRF guys could not be fitted to the wheel, so I also need to purchase a pair of thinner valves for 50/-

The fitting charge was 600/- to a garage nearby as the RE service person (I serviced my RE to him from the beginning without a miss) informed me, no outside spares / accessories can be fitted inside the authorized service center. Though he checked thoroughly on the next service.

So that's all the story till now. If someone need any information, please feel free to contact... :) \\:D/\\:D/

Reactions: IJS

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Thanks buddies for your continuous support. I am extremely sorry due to some family mishap and then enormous pressure in working life, I cannot follow this thread any more....

Actually I had zeroed down to Kingway "Star", which to my nominal engineering knowledge felt like a sturdy one. Though as per the video, it didn't came with any spares and I used the original RE spares. The mechanic informed those are of good quality till now and need not to be changed right now. For your information, I rode around 21k KMs till now. After a heavy bargaining, it costs me 5800/- a pair from famous Wellington Square, Kolkata.

Also I purchased a pair of MRF "Zapper" tubeless version, which is again the stock tire model. The stock tire is not tubeless though. I purchased it from MRF showroom nearby and costs me 4000/- a pair. They fitted it to the rim free of cost.

Due to the small hole of valve, the original valve present with the MRF guys could not be fitted to the wheel, so I also need to purchase a pair of thinner valves for 50/-

The fitting charge was 600/- to a garage nearby as the RE service person (I serviced my RE to him from the beginning without a miss) informed me, no outside spares / accessories can be fitted inside the authorized service center. Though he checked thoroughly on the next service.

So that's all the story till now. If someone need any information, please feel free to contact... :) \\:D/\\:D/
Wish you and your family the best of life god bless.

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk