Need Help for Buying Tyres

plucky Jeet

Hello Friends I need help to purchase Car Tyres for my Hyundai Fludic Verna.
  • Car has driven 30,000 km so far on Bridgestone B250 195/55/r16 ( company fitted )
  • Car has been driven majorly on highways around 25,000 out 30,000 km
  • Car is only 2.5 years old and Tyres has started swollen with visible cracks
My requirement is
  • Good ride quality
  • long lasting ( as my current Tyres not lasted even 3 years or 30,000 km )
will be driving mostly on hills of northern India ( Himachal and Uthrakhand )

bridzstone.jpg

Michelin / Yokohama are one of the best tyres with value for money.
Just goto shop / showroom of authorised dealer.
Ask estimates etc with your concerns.

Tyre shown in pic is certainly lack of quality.
You can ask for replacement.
Though they may not give you any replacement but no harm in asking for.

plucky Jeet

Michelin / Yokohama are one of the best tyres with value for money.
Just goto shop / showroom of authorised dealer.
Ask estimates etc with your concerns.
Thanks for suggestion but what about MRF people told me MRF are bit hard Tyres as compare to Micelin..

Thanks for suggestion but what about MRF people told me MRF are bit hard Tyres as compare to Micelin..
Yes MRF is bit tough and hard.
I am happy with city use on my Hero CD Dlx, a 2 wheeler.

If you want city ride, MRF is good.
Even for Off-Roads.

Michlin is little softer at walls.
But service is good in terms of mileage / life of tyre on good roads.
Decide your run if city is more Michlin is best.

rahi

Few months back, i changed my santro's stock Bridgestone to Apollo 4G (tubeless) at around 38000 Kms. odo reading. In comparison to Bridgestone, Apollo 4G are softer and more quiet at high speeds (it may be because stock tires were more than 7 years old and rubber compound was hard). Paid around 11000/- for 4 tyres. Review of Apollo 4G is positive but the dealer admitted that few sizes of Apollo 3G Amazer for Diesel cars were not so good. You may also check on other online forums. Hope it helps.

plucky Jeet

Few months back, i changed my santro's stock Bridgestone to Apollo 4G (tubeless) at around 38000 Kms. odo reading. In comparison to Bridgestone, Apollo 4G are softer and more quiet at high speeds (it may be because stock tires were more than 7 years old and rubber compound was hard). Paid around 11000/- for 4 tyres. Review of Apollo 4G is positive but the dealer admitted that few sizes of Apollo 3G Amazer for Diesel cars were not so good. You may also check on other online forums. Hope it helps.
your valuable inputs are highly appreciated Thanks..

vishal_kap

Trip Inventor
Hello Friends I need help to purchase Car Tyres for my Hyundai Fludic Verna.
  • Car has driven 30,000 km so far on Bridgestone B250 195/55/r16 ( company fitted )
  • Car has been driven majorly on highways around 25,000 out 30,000 km
  • Car is only 2.5 years old and Tyres has started swollen with visible cracks
My requirement is
  • Good ride quality
  • long lasting ( as my current Tyres not lasted even 3 years or 30,000 km )
will be driving mostly on hills of northern India ( Himachal and Uthrakhand )

View attachment 689245
I didn't expected such a poor performance from "Bridgestone":Hangman:, Bridgestone tyre usually last for 50K :supz:....

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Off late I am seeing too many of such complains online about bridgestones. This is one brand which has probably the most respect in tyres. Not sure what is happening. Even the most defamed brand JK tyres would not give you results so bad.
Something is wrong with the company.

I would say avoid JK and Bridgy. MRF are just acceptable but do work well on rocky surface and Ceat are much better on rocky ground Ceat does have good models but not sure of names yet. Michellins will not suit rocky driving.

I liked goodyear assurance in 205 size a lot specially considering they came very cheap.
Apollo accelere used to be a good mix but not in market anymore and I hear they are making same tyre for Falken with name azenis, in fact with a little better rubber. I would go for Azenis too.

More than the brand, the specific model within that brand matters more. I generally do a physical inspection of tyre and if I like the softness of rubber, making of seam etc, I buy it.