Need help in finding hotels in Ajantha and Ellora

animeher

Our company is organizing a trip to Ajanta and Ellora, departing day after tomorrow. Can someone please answer me:

1. Are there any good hotels in the vicinity of Ajanta caves? Maybe some unlimited buffet plates having 300-500rs per plate cost?

2. Similarly, are there any good hotels in the Aurangabad Station area?

3. How much time does it take to see both the caves? I know both are different, we are having a full day sightseeing at Ajantha and half day at Ellora.

4. How are Ajantha caves visited? Is it one continuous trip, or do people break in between to come outside and have food? If not, then where to have lunch in Ajantha caves?

Had this been a family or friends affair, I wouldn't be planning this much, but as this is company's planning with a large budget, I need to have this planned! Please help!

roamer

Hemant Jawale
Our company is organizing a trip to Ajanta and Ellora, departing day after tomorrow. Can someone please answer me:

1. Are there any good hotels in the vicinity of Ajanta caves? Maybe some unlimited buffet plates having 300-500rs per plate cost?

3. How much time does it take to see both the caves? I know both are different, we are having a full day sightseeing at Ajantha and half day at Ellora.

4. How are Ajantha caves visited? Is it one continuous trip, or do people break in between to come outside and have food? If not, then where to have lunch in Ajantha caves?

Had this been a family or friends affair, I wouldn't be planning this much, but as this is company's planning with a large budget, I need to have this planned! Please help!

Hi Animeher,
1. MTDC has a resort near Ajanta. Have good facility to stay and eat. At Ellora they have only restaurant. Unlimited buffet--no idea.. But arrangements are done for Buffet at ellora MTDC. Mnu here is on costlier side.. Veg Lunch 250/-!!

2.Yes Station area has very good hotels, infact will recommend MTDC here Has very comfy ac/non ac rooms, and very good restaurant facility. Most of foreigners and our politicians can be seens here! ;)

Will Recommend Manmandir hotel also....Its on Adalat road. and good.

http://www.hotelsaurangabad.net/hotelmanmandir.htm

3. For Both, 1 day will be still not be sufficient, but 1 day for Ajanta and half/1 day for Ellora is good enough in general. Try to accomodate Devgiri fort if possible. Near to Ellora and takes around 2-3 hrs to check it out.

4. You can take a break and eat at MTDC restaurant at both places.

Last edited:

darth_lucifer

Rides R Us

Stay at Ellora....hotel kailash is your best bet bang opposite Ellora is a excellent place to stay:)

Ellora takes time for reason of sheer beauty so better spend night over there and finish visiting it

Ajanta can be done in 3-4 hours.You can come back to aurangabad for night stay:)Ajanta doesnt have lot of staying options nor eating options apart from MTDC resort in front of the cave and MTDC extension at Kultabad(1 kms from cave)

You can read my triplog for more....

http://whereeaglesdare2007.blogspot.com/2007/11/indiana-jones-ride.html