Need help: Oarcha/ Khajuraho on Shivratri weekend 24-26 Feb

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
Hello Bcmtians,

Planning a Oarcha/Khajuraho trip from Delhi on Shivratri weekend in feburary. Please suggest.

I am open for both Train/Taxi and Self drive for this. Please note that I will be accompanied with 3 year old son and wife.

Thanks in advance.

Raman Mittal.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
If you are planning to take train, then it would be a good idea to take train till Jhansi and from there a taxi to Orchha and then Khajuraho. From Khajuraho, you can take train back to Delhi.

If you wish to drive, then please keep in mind that last few kilometers to Gwalior are in bad condition.

Having said that, considering limited number of days in hand, train and maybe even a flight back to Delhi would be a better bet.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Flight would be the safest option with a family.

lands you in Khajuraho, get the sightseeing done.

Better to avoid hair pin bends with family if you are self driving.

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
Flight would be the safest option with a family.

lands you in Khajuraho, get the sightseeing done.

Better to avoid hair pin bends with family if you are self driving.
Bro, Flights are out of equation, it will cost 1Lac+ for my family. So I am planning to take a train to Jhansi as mentioned by @Yogesh Sarkar in earlier thread.

BTW, thanks for your valuable suggestion.

Please pour more details on itinerary for this trip.

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
Dada, Please help with itinerary..
If you are planning to take train, then it would be a good idea to take train till Jhansi and from there a taxi to Orchha and then Khajuraho. From Khajuraho, you can take train back to Delhi.

If you wish to drive, then please keep in mind that last few kilometers to Gwalior are in bad condition.

Having said that, considering limited number of days in hand, train and maybe even a flight back to Delhi would be a better bet.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Can you take the evening train on 23rd and take the evening train from Khajuraho 26th and arrive in morning in Delhi on 27th?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
24th: Arrive in Jhansi, take taxi to Orchha. Visit the fort, chhatris and temples in Orchha, night stay in Orccha.

25th: Drive to Khajuraho, visit eastern, southern and western group of temples. Watch the sound and light show in the evening. Western group of temples is the primary attraction and the most impressive in my view.

26th: Morning safari at Panna national park, later on you can visit the museums in Khajuraho, before taking the train back to Delhi. Try get booking done in advance for safari or at least get information about it checked in advance from MP Tourism hotels. Alternatively you can visit Ken Ghariyal Sanctuary and Raneh Falls.