Need help: Oarcha/ Khajuraho on Shivratri weekend 24-26 Feb

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
24th: Arrive in Jhansi, take taxi to Orchha. Visit the fort, chhatris and temples in Orchha, night stay in Orccha.

25th: Drive to Khajuraho, visit eastern, southern and western group of temples. Watch the sound and light show in the evening. Western group of temples is the primary attraction and the most impressive in my view.

26th: Morning safari at Panna national park, later on you can visit the museums in Khajuraho, before taking the train back to Delhi. Try get booking done in advance for safari or at least get information about it checked in advance from MP Tourism hotels. Alternatively you can visit Ken Ghariyal Sanctuary and Raneh Falls.
Thanks Dada.

if I do Oarcha on last day while coming back to Jhansi, as I am planning to board my return train from Jhansi. will it make any difference?

Also, shall I book my hotels in advance or check on the go? how much will be the tourist rush will be there at that time of year??

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You are taking direct train to Khajuraho?

It would be a good idea to book accommodation ASAP. Khajuraho Dance Festival is going to be held from 20th to 26th Feb. Plus there will be rush due to Shivratri.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You will have to reverse the itinerary, that is all.

Day 1: Khajuraho sightseeing.
Day 2: Panna or Ken Ghariyal in the morning, then drive to Orchha.
Day 3: Orchha sightseeing, take train from Jhansi.

raman mittal

Raman Mittal
You will have to reverse the itinerary, that is all.

Day 1: Khajuraho sightseeing.
Day 2: Panna or Ken Ghariyal in the morning, then drive to Orchha.
Day 3: Orchha sightseeing, take train from Jhansi.
Will it be feasible to stay in Khajuraho for 2 nights and on 26th Drive to Orchha and take a train back??

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You can do that, however, that will leave you with little time to explore Orchha, unless you start really early in the morning. With family that rarely happens.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Fort, chhatris and temples is what is famous in Orchha. And they take time to explore and photograph.

One option is to skip Orchha for time-being and concentrate on Khajuraho and nearby places.