Need help regarding Visa

nadz11.ns

Super User
My cousin has is going for MSc to Ireland and classes are to begin from September. He has got seat confirmation from the university.
Now, can anyone tell what all documents are to be presented for the visa?
Help would be highly appreciated.

uturn

Super User
My cousin has is going for MSc to Ireland and classes are to begin from September. He has got seat confirmation from the university.
Now, can anyone tell what all documents are to be presented for the visa?
Help would be highly appreciated.
approach a councillor who will help out which vary country to country

General requirement.
Properly filled Visa Application
Score of gre/tofel equivalent exam (if applicable )
All certificates 10 th /12 th /bsc with notary.
Financial details of sponsor.
3 years income tax returns of sponsor.
Letter from university/Letter of acceptance.
Medical.
Police clearance certificate.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

nadz11.ns

Super User
approach a councillor who will help out which vary country to country

General requirement.
Properly filled Visa Application
Score of gre/tofel equivalent exam (if applicable )
All certificates 10 th /12 th /bsc with notary.
Financial details of sponsor.
3 years income tax returns of sponsor.
Letter from university/Letter of acceptance.
Medical.
Police clearance certificate.

His father has taken a loan in his own name (not educational loan). So the 3year tax return will be of the Father, right? What is this Financial details of sponsor ?
And medical insurance?

uturn

Super User
His father has taken a loan in his own name (not educational loan). So the 3year tax return will be of the Father, right? What is this Financial details of sponsor ?
And medical insurance?
Fixed deposits /bank statements /ppf /pf kind of financial investments.
IT return of father /mother who is going to sponsor.
No need of medical insurance but some medical tests required to some countries(candidate's )
You can get all visa details online.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Ireland visa is applied for on line. Then you take a print out of the filled up form and go to the VFS office at Nehru Place to submit it along with copies of required documents. They used to want photocopies of every page of ALL passports you have ever held!!
The Ireland VFS office is never crowded like the US, UK, Canada offices.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/student_visas.html

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Study

My daughter went to Trinity College Dublin for an MBA in 2012. She is now settled and working in Dublin.

nadz11.ns

Super User
Fixed deposits /bank statements /ppf /pf kind of financial investments.
IT return of father /mother who is going to sponsor.
No need of medical insurance but some medical tests required to some countries(candidate's )
You can get all visa details online.
Bank statements.
IT returns.
Got it.

The Ireland visa is applied for on line. Then you take a print out of the filled up form and go to the VFS office at Nehru Place to submit it along with copies of required documents. They used to want photocopies of every page of ALL passports you have ever held!!
The Ireland VFS office is never crowded like the US, UK, Canada offices.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/student_visas.html

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Study

My daughter went to Trinity College Dublin for an MBA in 2012. She is now settled and working in Dublin.
Thanks for the reply sir.
He got admission in Dublin Institute of Technology in MSc.

So we have to fill the Online form, take a print out and get copies of all our documents and take them to the VFS Office.

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member

So we have to fill the Online form, take a print out and get copies of all our documents and take them to the VFS Office.
Aye, that's how it used to be till a year and a half ago when I had last applied for a tourist visa.

nadz11.ns

Super User
Aye, that's how it used to be till a year and a half ago when I had last applied for a tourist visa.
Few more queries sir.

Do we have to show any minimum amount in our bank statement? Like the amount needed for living expenses?

Also, how did you paid the fee at that time?

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Few more queries sir.

Do we have to show any minimum amount in our bank statement? Like the amount needed for living expenses?

Also, how did you paid the fee at that time?
Yes, bank balance to support yourself needs to be shown. They like to see about 7000 Euros for a year.
We had to pay the entire year's fee in advance and I did that via bank transfer to Trinity College account. It was a large amount (about 22K) and SBI gave us a special exchange rate that was better than the posted rate. Still, it does cost quite a bit to do standard bank transfer. Maybe there are better ways to do it, like Transfer Wise.

nadz11.ns

Super User
Yes, bank balance to support yourself needs to be shown. They like to see about 7000 Euros for a year.
We had to pay the entire year's fee in advance and I did that via bank transfer to Trinity College account. It was a large amount (about 22K) and SBI gave us a special exchange rate that was better than the posted rate. Still, it does cost quite a bit to do standard bank transfer. Maybe there are better ways to do it, like Transfer Wise.
Appreciate the reply sir.
So most of our documents are ready. Finances shall be ready in a few days and police certificate in a couple of days.
The college gave their own payment page for quick processing. Maybe we shall use that to pay the fee.