Need Help - Srinagar - April 14 - April 18

Taks

Hi

I am planning a 5 days 4 nights trip to Srinagar. I am flying from Delhi to Srinagar due to time crunch.

I am travelling with my wife. Could you please suggest possible itenary.

Also please suggest some good houseboats/hotels. I would like to pre-book them,

Thanks
Rohit Takkar

All can be done as day trip; but I would recommend staying 1 night each at Gulmarg & Pahalgaam. If you are running short of time, you can skip night stay at Gulmarg

Assuming you would have half Day on first and last Day, below is my suggested Itenary

Day 1: Srinagar -> Local Site Seeing
Day 2: Pahalgam (NS)
Day 3: Sonmarg, NS (Srinagar)
Day 4: Gulmarg NS(Srinagar)
Day 5 Srinagar -> Local Site Seeing

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Houseboats should never be pre-booked. The best strategy is to go for a shikara ride on the Dal lake and ask the boatman to show you a houseboat if possible. He will almost always take you to one and you can tentatively ask what it would cost to stay in one for a night or two. You are in the best position to bargain hard there!

Taks

Assuming you would have half Day on first and last Day, below is my suggested Itenary

Day 1: Srinagar -> Local Site Seeing
Day 2: Pahalgam (NS)
Day 3: Sonmarg, NS (Srinagar)
Day 4: Gulmarg NS(Srinagar)
Day 5 Srinagar -> Local Site Seeing
Honestly speaking.. I would like to stay and enjoy the city of srinagar in relaxed way rather then running around. I would like to stay in srinagar for atleast 2 nights on the stretch. I would like to keep a few places for next trip.
suggest what I can skip.

I am thinking something like this.

Day 1 Srinagar (house boat)
Day 2 Srinagar
Day 3 Pahalgam
Day 4 Sonemarg
Day 5 Back to srinagar airport.

I am taking early morning flight from delhi.
and 3 oclock return flight from Srinagar
I can reverse my itenary as well.

If you wish to relax and enjoy the nature, better option would be to stay at Gulmarg / Pahalgam (my personal preference).
Your itenary is ok; but keep in mind if you are staying on HB, do plan your activities in advance

Also, If you skip gulmarg; you would have to plan again specially for gulmarg; but the other spot you can plan whenever you visit in vicinity