Need Help to form an Itinerary for Bhutan

navneet1986

Hi Guys,

Planning a road trip to Bhutan in the last week of April. Need help to form an itinerary. I just know a few places to cover like Thimphu, Punakha and Paro. Pls. suggest all the places that are worth a visit. Do we have any high altitude places in Bhutan also?

Also how many days are good to cover Bhutan in detail. This is going to take time to be formed as I know nothing about the region.

Would also need to know about the list of documents required for the car and the people travelling and how to get permits.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Navneet

tintin63

Guru
Hi Guys,

Planning a road trip to Bhutan in the last week of April. Need help to form an itinerary. I just know a few places to cover like Thimphu, Punakha and Paro. Pls. suggest all the places that are worth a visit. Do we have any high altitude places in Bhutan also?
High altitude places would basically be the passes on he way. Like Dochu la between Thimpu and Punakha/Wangdu. etc.Apart from Thimpu, Punakha and Paro, you can cover Phobjikha, Trongsa, Bumthang, Mongar.

Also how many days are good to cover Bhutan in detail. This is going to take time to be formed as I know nothing about the region.
Anything from 3-10 days. Depends what all you want to cover and at what pace.

Would also need to know about the list of documents required for the car and the people travelling and how to get permits.
For a Indian citizen all you need is passport or voter card. That's it.
For the vehicles, you need copy of RC and insurance plus DL.