Need Help to Proper Plan of Goa Trip in End of August 2017

Yogesh Yadav

Travel is the healthiest addiction.
I know south goa beaches are good and calm, but in off season time, i think it will be little risky for family peoples to go to remote areas. Maximum south goa beaches are no tourist or people during off season. In my 1998 tour i spend 3 days in Colva Beach, that is also a reason, i do not want to spend much time in south goa beaches.
I have been going to Goa since 17 years and for the last 10 years, i park myself only at South Goa without setting foot in North Goa and hence the recommendation. I like the solitude with less tourists around and hence the recommendation. I see your point. Enjoy your trip, Goa is amazing during this time of the year.

Chinmay Dixit

Hello,
Here is your answer

Good homestay with reasonable price suggestion or budget hotel near to beach up to 1000meter from beach.
For hotels beach you can look out for these hotels (you can even have option of [email protected])
The Baga Beach Resort
Tranquility Cottage Resort
Casa de Baga
Ocean View Goan Beach House
Joia do Mar Resort

What shacks will open in baga and calangute and anjuna beach? and where i should go for breakfast, lunch and dinner? What special Goa Food, which i must try? (Not Overhyped Price)
Try Britto's, it is authentic restaurant which is near Calangute beach. Goan Fish Curry is what you should try here

What adventurous sports like Para sailing, Banana Ride should i go for and in which beach at rainy season?
It is very difficult to find water sports in Monsoon. You can try for river rafting. You need to check out then and there with the monsoon situation. On the other hand Dudhsagar will a bliss to you in rainy season.

Should i go for Divar island??
If you have got time then surely why not. It is like getting mesmerized with the remains of old Goa.

sukantasarangi

after a lot of planning and searching, i came to list below places for my tour of goa

Arambol Beach
MANDREM BEACH
MORJIM Beach
Chapora Fort and Beach
Vagator Beach
Anjuna Beach
Baga Beach
Calangute Beach
Candolim Beach
Sinquerim Beach
miramar beach
Dona Paula Beach
Bogmalo Beach
Aguada Fort
Basilica of Bom Jesus, Panjim
Chapel of Saint Catherine, Panaji
Church of St Anee OR SANTANA CHURCH, TATAULIM
Church of St. Cajetan, Velha Goa
Church of St. Francis of Assisi Velha Goa
Church of the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, Panjim
Fontainhas, Panaji
Mahalasa Narayani Temple, Mardol
Mangesi Temple
Reis Magos Church and Fort
Saligao Church or Mae De Deus Church
Se cathedral church , velha goa
Shanta durga Temple, Bardez, Goa
St Alex Church, Calangute
St Francis Xavier Church, Borim Goa
St. Andrews Church, Velha Goa
St. Cajetan's Church, Bardez, Assagao, Goa
Church of Holy Spirit, Madgaon
Colva Beach
Mahalakshmi Temple, Tiska, Yashwant Nagar, Bandoda, Goa
Monte Hill Church, madgao
Naval Aviation Museum, Vasco
Old and new St. Sebastian Church in Aquem
Our Lady of Grace Church, Madgaon
PALOLEM BEACH
Saviour of the World Church, Loutolim
St. Andrew's Church, Vasco
River Cruise at Mandovi River at evening
DudhSagar Waterfall tour

Now the real part is Maximum Tour Operators only giving 5-6 places in a full day tour. and also if i chose bus, then from 8.30 am and chose cab then from 10am. But i need a local tour operator who will give a customize tour with above places. Any one know any local goa tour operator or reliable cab person who will pickup from our stay and do all the above places sight seeing from August 27th to August 30th. From 8.30 am onwards to 5.30pm each day.

Last edited:

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Can you give me contact this please. I am reaching Sep End, and if your experience come out to be good, we perhaps can book the same place for us.

booked homestay for 3 days, cost me Rs.1500 per day through airbnb. (A Apartment with 2 bed rooms and 2 kingsize beds, with Pool)

sukantasarangi

Can you give me contact this please. I am reaching Sep End, and if your experience come out to be good, we perhaps can book the same place for us.
you can go to airbnb and search for room as per ur requirement as per date and u can see their review also, before book. They provide proper photos of outside and inside on stay or hotel area. I will send you contact details if my stay will be a good one..

citymonk

Super User
Exactly my thoughts.
It would be nice if we can talk with homestay hosts before visit.
With kids along this will help a lot.
Like in , homestay ohomestayr will not allow sleepers and shoes inside house. And this talk was enough for me not to stay there in winter.

you can go to airbnb and search for room as per ur requirement as per date and u can see their review also, before book. They provide proper photos of outside and inside on stay or hotel area. I will send you contact details if my stay will be a good one..
Don't they provide contact dates before hand.

Hafeezgoa

We are planning to visit Goa on 9th August till 12 th of August. Can someone suggest the best itinerary for this time.

Beaches that i can cover.
Places to enjoy night life.
Adventure sports.
Treks.
Budget hotels for stay.

Hafeezgoa

Tickets already booked for Goa trip. Will be reached on 27th August 2017 on Morning 6am.

Will stay up to 30th August 2017. and will leave goa Madgaon station on 8pm onwards.

I have plan to stay on Near to Baga Beach or Calangute Beach. I will opt for home stay or Budget accomodation. Total traveler is 3 adults and 2 kids. I am not prebooking hotel as i heard that in rainy season usually 50% discounts hotel gives on their room tariffs.

Day 1 Plan: Will hire a South Goa Tour and in evening spend day on Calangute Beach or Flee Markets Tour if any by activa rental.
Day 2 Plan: Will hire a North Goa Tour and in evening spend day on Sun Set Cruise and Sun down Cruise or Flee Markets Tour if any by activa rental.
Day 3 Plan: Will hire a Doodhsagar Waterfall Tour if not allowed at that time then hire a rental car and visit some other places like Vasco city Tour and Naval Museum, Goa State Museum, Reis Magos Fort, Cabo De Rama Fort, Harvalem waterfall etc.. and in evening Flee Markets Tour if any.
Day 4: Whole day spend on Anjuna Beach and in end leave for Madgaon Station.

Advice Needed???
=================
1) Good homestay with reasonable price suggestion or budget hotel near to beach upto 1000meter from beach.

2) What shacks will open in baga and calangute and anjuna beach? and where i should go for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

3) What special Goa Food, which i must try? (Not Overhyped Price)

4) What adventurous sports like Para sailing, Banana Ride should i go for and in which beach at rainy season?

5) Should i go for Divar island??
As you have already visited Goa during Monsoon, your suggestions would be welcome.