Need help urgently Srinagar - Ladhaq (30May - 4 June)

Taks

Hi

My bro in law wish to visit ladhaq and what could be tentative iternary.

He wish to start from Srinagar on 30th May and return from leh by flight on 4th June.

Please suggest is it enough time. Also, what can be his itrenary.

He is expecting to travel from srinagar to leh in two days and then roam around by hiring a bike. I am not lehed yet so can't say if its a feasible plan.

Also, how would be roads during that time.

Kindly suggest

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
That is extremely short duration, especially for a bike trip!

He could do something like this:

1st June: Get the inner line permit for Khardung La and Pangong Tso. Ride to Likir Monastery, Indus and Zanskar Confluence, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Magnetic Hill and Hall of Fame.

2nd June: Ride to Khardung La and back. Head to Shey, Thiksey and Hemis Monasteries. Alternatively, do some local sightseeing in Leh.

3rd June: Take a taxi to Pangong Tso and come back by night.

Road condition at passes would be bad, there might be too much snow and ice for him to ride safely to Khardung La. In which case, I would recommend hiring a taxi.

Also ask him to not push himself too much and watch out for signs of AMS, and read our Ladakh AMS Survival Guide.

Last edited:

Taks

Thanks Yogesh! Any pointers for driver to take around in Srinagar and then from Srinagar to Leh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
He can try contacting Kazim at 09419801538 or Moktab at 08803143978 /09858145155. Both have been earlier used by BCMTians.