Need info on Leh trip

skysat2005

Super User
We are planning to stay at Keylong for two nights. Isn't it sufficient?? Actually we want to cover the dangerous route first as it can be snowy in early October. Rest you all can guide better... We can think again

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
Just go ahead with the Manali plan, dont rush and allow body to adjust to surroundings. As I said earlier, keep windows open to allow body adjust to surrounding conditions, increase water intake and carry camphor (kapoor) rolls in a handkerchief for inhaling if needed. Avoid Pang and Sarchu night halt. In mountains, follow simple rule of starting by Morning light and closing before sunset.

Rest since you already been to Spiti, you know what precautions to take.

Take it easy and it will be a smooth trip.
Cheers...

Natalya

ghumakkar
Just a point, at high passes, it snows in mid summer too, so we need to factor in. I suggest you stay in Kargil / Drass /Nubra and I think not much of a problem. In your itinerary, Khardungla is also and that pass is at much height as compared to passes on Manali -Leh highway. So in general there is a high probability that it will snow there. I am also going and will start from Karnal on 18th Sep and keep this thread posted about snowfall etc.
Thank you so much sir

Natalya

ghumakkar
Just go ahead with the Manali plan, dont rush and allow body to adjust to surroundings. As I said earlier, keep windows open to allow body adjust to surrounding conditions, increase water intake and carry camphor (kapoor) rolls in a handkerchief for inhaling if needed. Avoid Pang and Sarchu night halt. In mountains, follow simple rule of starting by Morning light and closing before sunset.

Rest since you already been to Spiti, you know what precautions to take.

Take it easy and it will be a smooth trip.
Cheers...
Thank you so much sir for motivating us