Need information about Himachal and Uttrakhand!!!

SandeepS

Sandy
Kalpa is closed for this season.

Try next year.
Thanks a lot once again Satinder Ji.
Really tried hard at official and home level, to manage this 10 days of bandwidth.
We have complete tent setup that can accommodate 5 persons easily. And we never hesitate to use natural water bodies. If we manage to get food, we are all set. I am positive about that.
We are still in the process to finalize destination. Apart from Garhwal region, I have already covered most of the major location of northern Indian states.
I will keep on posting about our plans and certainly will bother in case any information is required. :p

Thank you and Best Regards
Sandy

SandeepS

Sandy
Will ask about it to Kashmir Bcmtians.

Uttarakhand is best.
4 Dham Yatra is also going good.

Himachal Pradesh:
Himachal Pradesh is also opening up.

No rush these days at many places as report is required in hills for long visit.

It is taking 2-3 hrs for people on the Himachal Pradesh borders to enter to get epass checking etc.
Points noted Satinder Ji. Really helpful!!!
Much Appreciated

adsatinder

explorer
Thanks a lot once again Satinder Ji.
Really tried hard at official and home level, to manage this 10 days of bandwidth.
We have complete tent setup that can accommodate 5 persons easily. And we never hesitate to use natural water bodies. If we manage to get food, we are all set. I am positive about that.
We are still in the process to finalize destination. Apart from Garhwal region, I have already covered most of the major location of northern Indian states.
I will keep on posting about our plans and certainly will bother in case any information is required.

Thank you and Best Regards
Sandy
People are afraid in Villages about Corona and not allowing big groups in Lahaul also like Kinnaur & Spiti.

Better go near by tourist places only.
People are not much friendly these days like earlier in Hills.
Find your destination at some lonely but safe place where you can get help if needed in time.

sheeraz

Hello My Dear Friends,

I need your help to plan a trip as I have 10 days of bandwidth starting Sept 26 and open to visit any of these 2 states. I know there are guidelines specific to Unlock 4.0 but could anyone please guide me about guidelines specific to Himachal and Uttrakhand?
What are the pre-conditions that I need to fulfill, to travel these states?
We are 4 guys and will be traveling via my Safari Storme 4×2. I can arrange all permissions (provided I have a checklist).

Thanks in advance!!!

Best Regards
Sandeep Singh
With what you are looking for, I guess places around Mukteshwar should suit you. There is one place called Banlekhi resort and it must be good VFM at this time. In Uttarakhand, you can explore more options if you wanna spend time for a road trip while going to Munsiyari. You didn't inform about your starting place, but I guess its NCR so both Uttarakhand and Himachal are equally doable. You can think about Kinnaur also.

SandeepS

Sandy
People are afraid in Villages about Corona and not allowing big groups in Lahaul also like Kinnaur & Spiti.

Better go near by tourist places only.
People are not much friendly these days like earlier in Hills.
Find your destination at some lonely but safe place where you can get help if needed in time.
Yes Satinder Ji, Even I am getting similar feedback. Also heard of news that local people have blocked roads by putting stones. Today we had internal discussion about destination, and zeroed on Uttrakhand and strikes out Himachal.

Either it's garhwal or kumaon, it's yet to be finalized. Garhwal region is untouched for me but have covered most of kumaon region. Rest of guys insisting on kumaon, so more likely it will be the same.

Satinder Ji, Does uttrakhand has similar requirements for permission?

Best Regards
Sandy

Last edited:

SandeepS

Sandy
With what you are looking for, I guess places around Mukteshwar should suit you. There is one place called Banlekhi resort and it must be good VFM at this time. In Uttarakhand, you can explore more options if you wanna spend time for a road trip while going to Munsiyari. You didn't inform about your starting place, but I guess its NCR so both Uttarakhand and Himachal are equally doable. You can think about Kinnaur also.
Hi Sheeraz

Sorry for not putting up in right way. Yes we will be starting from Delhi only. I am not getting positive feedback about Spiti and Kinnaur region for travellers because of covid pandemic. 2 years before I did complete sach pass - spiti circuit and wanted to do it again but.....
After internal discussion within friends, very likely we will be traveling to uttrakhand. I have covered most of the kumaon, thanks to my school time friend who was posted in Pithoragarh for 3 years. So now I am intended to cover garhwal region. Let's see how it goes.

Best Regards
Sandy

adsatinder

explorer
Satinder Ji, Does uttrakhand has similar requirements for permission?

Sandy
Yes.
They need similar requirement of Negative Test Report from ICMR Lab only.

They are allowing only 4 persons in a 4-5seater Vehicle.

0 Driver
3 Passengers

Time also consumed at borders.
You have to go under checks at borders for 4 wheelers.

Bikes are moving without much problem but they are checking all.

sheeraz

Hi Sheeraz

Sorry for not putting up in right way. Yes we will be starting from Delhi only. I am not getting positive feedback about Spiti and Kinnaur region for travellers because of covid pandemic. 2 years before I did complete sach pass - spiti circuit and wanted to do it again but.....
After internal discussion within friends, very likely we will be traveling to uttrakhand. I have covered most of the kumaon, thanks to my school time friend who was posted in Pithoragarh for 3 years. So now I am intended to cover garhwal region. Let's see how it goes.

Best Regards
Sandy
Keep us posted Sandy. As I am also planning a 10 day trip during the last week of October with 4-5 people in a car. Our main interest lies doing Kinnaur via Shimla/Narkanda. I shall keep looking for any updates from fellow BCMtians. Happy travelling.

adsatinder

explorer
Keep us posted Sandy. As I am also planning a 10 day trip during the last week of October with 4-5 people in a car. Our main interest lies doing Kinnaur via Shimla/Narkanda. I shall keep looking for any updates from fellow BCMtians. Happy travelling.
Kinnaur Hotel Association is having regular meets.
No opening chances this month.
Villagers / Small place people are still afraid of outsiders approaching their areas.
You will certainly not be welcomed by hill people like earlier.
Himaachal is still afraid of it.
Better plan B/C/D to Uttarakhand, decide your area and go.