Need information Applying for indian visa

Hi,
I'm planning to submit visa application for Indian visa at New York consulate office. As part of visa documentation, I got flight itinerary for visa from visabookings to show places that I will be visiting in India.
I know the Covid situation is not getting better and do we need travel medical Insurance as part of visa documentation. please confirm.

Also let me know which insurance plans works better in India in case if it's needed.

skysat2005

Super User
Hi,
I'm planning to submit visa application for Indian visa at New York consulate office. As part of visa documentation, I got flight itinerary for visa from visabookings to show places that I will be visiting in India.
I know the Covid situation is not getting better and do we need travel medical Insurance as part of visa documentation. please confirm.

Also let me know which insurance plans works better in India in case if it's needed.
I am not sure if Visas are being issued by Indian consulates since international flights are still not started in India and only special charters are being allowed as of now.

In regard to travel insurance, you can apply for ICICI Lombard, HDFC Ergo, Royal Sundaram, IFFCO Tokio etc, they all provide cashless medical policies and have all major healthcare facilities on panel.

AnupamR

Super User
I doubt foreign nationals can buy health insurance in India and avail cashless facility. In order to buy health insurance you need to provide local residence proof, now Aadhar is mandatory.

It's better to buy that from US which will cover in India in case that is required. Even NRIs have to go thru hell lot of documentation. As well as foreign nationals have to pay extra taxes for treatment in India.

I am not sure if Visas are being issued by Indian consulates since international flights are still not started in India and only special charters are being allowed as of now.

In regard to travel insurance, you can apply for ICICI Lombard, HDFC Ergo, Royal Sundaram, IFFCO Tokio etc, they all provide cashless medical policies and have all major healthcare facilities on panel.

Big Daddy

Super User
I think you do not have to show proof of health insurance to travel to India. You may get travel insurance plan from any international travel insurance agency and that should be sufficient. Most of these plans cover health emergencies and return of remains.