Need Itinerary for Sikkim - September 2nd week

dhinchak

Hi All,

I have my tickets from Delhi to Bagdogra booked for 10th Sep and leaving back on 18th Sep. I will be reaching Bagdogra around 4:45 in the evening on 10th Sep, and leaving back on 18th Sep at 2:00 PM in the afternoon.

I need suggestions for the itinerary. Also, are package tours advisable? Any contacts for the same.

Or shall I go with all the bookings by myself. Not sure, but this would be my first time visiting the North East, so just trying to be a little cautious.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,
Pushpreet

Pharaoh

Hi Pushpreet,
I have been to Gangtok & north Sikkim last year. Based on my experience I can suggest you to go for following,
10th: Bagdogra to Darjeeling
11th: Darjeeling Sight seeing
12th: Darjeeling to Gangtok
13th: Gangtok Sight seeing
14th: Baba Mandir
15th: Lachen
16th:Gurudongmar & Lachung
17th: Gangtok
18th: Gangtok to Bagdogra

This plan is too power packed so you might have to drop darjeeling sightseeing or gangtok sight seeing. Do not drop Baba Mandir, Lachen, Lachung they are worth every penny spent.
For Lachen, Lachung you will need permits to be arranged so get in touch with local travel agents.
I had taken help of Yogesh (7407328887). My experience with travel agents of Gangtok is that they all quote almost same rates +/-5% & do not bargain much. However do not opt for agents from Bagdogra (WB) they overquote for Sikkim tours.

Hope it helps.

vinay_sinha

Just to add what has been replied. The main factor that decides the package cost is the stay arrangement at Lachung and Lachen. The transport hired by all the travel agent is the same and is done from outside. It is only the hotel tie ups that decide the package cost. If you have any particular choice of hotel then you can directly book them and take transport from outside. The jeep guy arranges for the permits.

vinay_sinha

Rain is a real problem in Sikkim as landslides near Mangan are very common. Sometimes this can result in blockages for days also. However rains starts and ends in Sikkim earlier than else where and so I do not expect any major concerns in September.

dhinchak

Thanks!!

Any way I could include both North Sikkim and Silk route in the itinerary?
Also, any suggestions for travel agents who can help with the bookings etc? Since I have never been to the place, I am a little apprehensive about how to go about bookings and planning. Will buying a package be a better option or doing the booking myself be cheaper and better?

I inquired with a few agents, and the cost for 8 day package including all food and transport quoted by the agents is about 40K :confused:

dhinchak

Below is the package given to me for Silk Route!! :confused:
===============
Silk Route Package:

Day 1: Bagdogra to Icchey Gaon: Reach Icchey Gaon from Bagdogra. Nature Walk in Pine Forest. Overnight at Icchey Gaon.

Day 2: Icchey Gaon to Mankhim: Sunrise over Mt. Kanchenjungha from Icchey Gaon. On the way sightseeing at Pedong, Sillery Gaon, Reshikhola. Overnight at Mankhim.

Day 3: Mankhim to Padamchen: Sunrise over Mt. Kanchenjungha from Mankhim. Sightseeing at Kuikhola Waterfalls, Lingtum, Lampokhari (Aritar Lake), British Bungalow, Rai Temple, Monastery. Overnight at Padamchen.

Day 4: Padamchen to Nathang: Early morning sunrise trip to Thambi View point and continue sightseeing at Zuluk, Zig Zag road, Lungthung and reach Nathang. Overnight at Nathang.

Day 5: Nathang to Gangtok: Early morning sunrise trip to Eagle's Nest Bunker or Lungthung. Return to Nathang for breakfast. Leave Nathang after breakfast for Gangtok. On the way sightseeing at Old Baba Mandir, Kupup Lake, New Baba Mandir, Menmecho Lake (view from roadside), Tukla Valley, Jelepla Pass, Yak Golf Course, Ice Hockey Field, Tsomgo (Changu) Lake. Drop at Gangtok.

Total Package Cost: Rs. 25000 for 04 Nights / 05 Days. The Package would start with pick-up from Bagdogra and drop at Gangtok. The Package includes all food (lunch, evening tea, dinner and breakfast), accommodation, permit and transport from Bagdogra to Gangtok in one exclusive (full reserved) car following the above mentioned itinerary. This Package rate is applicable only for a group of 02 adults. The Package cost includes permit costs and sunrise trip costs too.

dhinchak

.. and below for North Sikkim ](*,) .. 45 K!! will be the total cost.
===================================

North Sikkim Package

Day 6: Gangtok to Lachen : On the way sightseeing at Tashi View point, Dikchu, Mangan, Chungthung and reach Lachen. Lunch to be served on the way. Overnight at Lachen.

Day 7: Lachen to Lachung : Sightseeing at Chopta Valley, Thangu Valley, Gurudongmar Lake. Return to Lachen for breakfast. Leave Lachen for Lachung. Lunch to be served on the way. Overnight at Lachung.

Day 8: Lachung to Gangtok : Sightseeing at Yumthang Valley, Zero point – Yumesamdong (optional with extra costs, visit to Zero point depends on permit availability on the day). Return to Lachung for lunch. Leave Lachung for Gangtok. Drop to Gangtok.

Total Package Cost: Rs. 20000 for 02 Nights / 03 Days. The Package would start with pick-up from Gangtok and drop at Gangtok. The Package includes all food (lunch, evening tea, dinner and breakfast), accommodation, permit and transport from Gangtok to Gangtok in one exclusive (full reserved) car following the above mentioned itinerary. This Package rate is applicable only for a group of 02 adults. The Package cost includes permit costs and sunrise trip costs too.

========================================

The above packages are separate and costs do not include food and lodging at Gangtok on Day 5 and Day 8. The above costs also do not include charges of Gangtok to Bagdogra drop on Day 9.