Need Maruti Alto 800 under-hood wiring pic

shaik786

Last week, rats did a little damage to the car by biting off some wires in my Alto 800 LXi (2014). Managed to fix the cylinder injector wiring and reverse sensor switch. However, there are a few wires still hanging open and not sure where they go.

Please see the attached pic to see the damage. There are 4 wires - 2 RED/YELLOW and 2 BLACK coming from a wiring hose located just next to the coolant tank. I don't seem to have any noticeable problem with the running of the car, it runs perfectly well, but I'm sure these wires are connected to something of essence!

Could any owner of a Alto 800 share a pic of their under hood so that these wires could be traced?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

deepam

Super User
Shaik,
I appreciate your efforts to fix it.
If I were in your replace I would have preferred to replace the Wiring, as it would life to the car.

One of my acquaintance ran without Instrument panel working for couple of months. He was not sure how many km he had driven and finally his oil turned into limp ending up Engine overhaul.

Many may not agree to my view, OEM wiring remaining intact has it's own advantages. I have faced lot of issue when wiring was repaired.
In the event you replace wiring then I suggest you fix a bottom plate that helps restrict partially rodent entry.

shaik786

Thanks for the concerns and suggestion Deepam.

But please note that this is not the first instance this has happened and will certainly not be the last. I've been facing this menace for many years now, albeit reduced to a great extent in the last few years after having tamed a cat at home. Replacing the wiring in my personal view is not a solution as; 1.) Rats would get something afresh to chew on, 2.) When old wires are fixed "properly" with a fairly strong know-how on electricals, I don't really see this an issue.

Another observation in my experience is that these rats seem to hate insulation tapes used on wires that are fixed. There have been times when they have chewed wires at a continuous stretch of a cable and skipped patches where there is insulation tape wrapped, so I guess fixing wires with these tapes is a better option than go in for a new one, just in my personal experience.

shaik786

Last week, rats did a little damage to the car by biting off some wires in my Alto 800 LXi (2014). Managed to fix the cylinder injector wiring and reverse sensor switch. However, there are a few wires still hanging open and not sure where they go.

Could some one help me with the pic please? There must be Alto 800 owners out there.

shaik786

SOLVED!!!

Did a continuity test on my multimeter and traced the pair of wires to:
1.) LHS Parking Light (RED-YELLOW/BLACK)
2.) LHS Headlight Level Motor (RED-YELLOW/BLACK)

No unaccounted wires now, which means these 4 hanging wires were perhaps connected to some kind of 4-slots open-ended CONNECTOR which might have fallen off after wires on one side were chewed and cut by the rats.

The LHS parking light worked even when these wires were damaged, so I guess this is a reserved parallel wiring for some kind of aftermarket setup.

However the LHS levelling motor wires are plain open and not connected to any other wires and hence is not functional, a factory setup maybe? The RHS levelling works perfectly fine when the switch on the dash is engaged, however do not remember if the LHS levelling was also functional before, someone owning an Alto 800 could confirm this.

As a bonus, have connected the RHS and LHS level motor wiring together, now they both work simultaneously when engaged. The motors are individually rated <5W, hence the fuse (if any) should hold the total load of 10W.

Thank you.

Last edited: