Need pointers on Vehicle registration being changed from Karnataka to Uttar Pradesh

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Hi everyone. I have a query regarding the transfer of my bike from karnatake to UP.

I brought KTM RC 390 in 2014, in Bangalore. However, since I had just resigned from my government job, I purchased the bike in the name of my brother in law. I did that because the bike showroom people were insisting on address proof and I did not have any at that time. I left Bangalore in 2016. However, before leaving, I have got the NOC from Bangalore RTO ( concerned RTO). When I came to Allahabad, I found out that I will have to shel out 40k for getting the bike registered in UP. So, I let it slide and thought I can ride the bike and if someone stops me, I can tell them that I have just came from Bangalore.

However, with the new motor vehicle act in effect now, I am concerned about what to do.

Any pointers will be helpful.

The NOC was obtained in 2016 from Bangalore.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
Hi everyone. I have a query regarding the transfer of my bike from karnatake to UP.

I brought KTM RC 390 in 2014, in Bangalore. However, since I had just resigned from my government job, I purchased the bike in the name of my brother in law. I did that because the bike showroom people were insisting on address proof and I did not have any at that time. I left Bangalore in 2016. However, before leaving, I have got the NOC from Bangalore RTO ( concerned RTO). When I came to Allahabad, I found out that I will have to shel out 40k for getting the bike registered in UP. So, I let it slide and thought I can ride the bike and if someone stops me, I can tell them that I have just came from Bangalore.

However, with the new motor vehicle act in effect now, I am concerned about what to do.

Any pointers will be helpful.

The NOC was obtained in 2016 from Bangalore.
You will in most probability need a fresh noc but still you should first check with local rto if the 3years old noc is good for them or not.
As per law after getting the noc you need to get the transfer done under 30 days and then you also have to pay road tax accordingly to the rates in up, Delhi rto charges road tax on the ex showroom price of the vehicle but not sure how and what rate the up rto would charge, if they charge you on the depreciated value then you can save some money.
And then after the fresh registration in new State you can claim the road tax which you have paid in the primary state of registration but it is a long process.

Now days most of these things are done online so check at the parivhan website.

parivahan.gov.in

Sent from my RMX1851 using Tapatalk

adsatinder

explorer
NOC has time limit and it is useless now.
You have to take it again.
Other than this check if BS3 bike can be registered in your city or not from Bangalore.
From Delhi to other cities BS3 bikes are not allowed to transfer.
Check this rule also in your state / city RTO / Agent.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Thanks , it seems that I will have to find some jugaad to ride my bike again without feeling the paranoia of getting challan-ed.