Need recommendations for upcoming trip!!!

SandeepS

Sandy
@admin Please move this thread to itenrary section if required...

Dear Friends,

I am hoping that everyone is staying healthy along with all nearer and dearer. Also, praying to God for everyone's wellbeing!

3 Months before I planned 2 weeks holidays starting from May 28, 2021 to June 13, 2021 with 2 of my friends. During these 3 months we have seen tough situation, which is improving with every passing day. Hence, I don't want to cancel/postpone these holidays.

I am based out of Delhi. One of my friend has recovered from covid and 2 of us are done with 1st dose of vaccination.

I own a Tata Safari Refresh model and have complete set of camping for all of us. In past, I have already done couple of times each
Delhi > Srinagar > Leh > Nubra > Hanle > Tso Moriri > Manali > Delhi
Delhi > Sach Pass > Chander tal > Kaza > Narkanda > Delhi
We have 16 days in hand and I won't mind spending these days camping covering any of these 2-3 locations.

Srinagar - Leh circuit is first priority, Spiti will be second, but we are not limited to it. I need your help for finalizing destination and getting latest information regarding covid guidelines for these states, as lots of information is floating around. I understand that Sach pass won't be doable during these dates, I am fine with that.

I may ask some stupid questions, kindly bear with me.

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards
Sandeep Singh

Last edited:

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Delhi > Sach Pass > Chander tal > Kaza > Narkanda > Delhi
We have 16 days in hand and I won't mind spending these days camping covering any of these 2-3 locations.
Himachal Pradesh is open for Tourists with -ve RTPCR Report.
But Corona Curfew is also there.
Can't say anything about Chandrataal yet.
You can go till Kaza from Shimla side.

For Ladakh, most of the villages are not welcoming tourists.
Better avoid Ladakh this time.

Focus on Himachal Pradesh / Uttarakhand if curfew is not there.
With curfew, you will not enjoy any places.

SandeepS

Sandy
Thank you so much Paaji for details, really informative. But this is specific to flights bounded travellers. Do we have any details shared by travellers who has recently visited himachal or J&K by road?

SandeepS

Sandy
Yesterday, Jamaica (who owns a campsite at chandertaal) informed that

"Hi thanks for your query ,we are closed this year cos of covid ,I think road via kunzum will be open end of may or first week of June.
Sir then you also need negative report with you ,in kaza few hotels taking guest before ,now almost shut but few are taking guest ,mandala taking guest at the moment"

Best Regards
Sandy