Need some suggestions for trip Dudhwa national park and Nepal

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Hi everyone, need some suggestions.

I want to go to Dudhwa National park and then to Nepal, since the national park shares border with Nepal.

I have some queries, kindly help me out regarding this.

I have been to Dudhwa national park before and Nepal too from there but that was in 2010 when I was in college. Don't remember much. What I do remember is that I took a local bus from Dudhwa to get to Nepal Border and then took a rickshaw to get into Nepal.

1. If I go by car, what is the procedure to get into Nepal with my car ( Considering that I drive with my car inside Nepal). I remember I took my bike by getting a Bhansar made for my bike. Car, I don't have any idea. Any inputs are welcome.

2. Can I book hotels online in Nepal?

3. What about mobile networks in Nepal? I mean can I just take a prepaid sim of some network that works in Nepal too. Last time it was Reliance's network that I got in Nepal.

4. Anything else that I should be aware of?

I am thinking to stay one night in Government forest rest house and one night in Nepal (maybe two nights).

Suggestions welcome.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You need to follow same procedure for your car, as you did for the bike and will have to get the Bhansar made at the border crossing. Additionally, you might wish to get cover for Nepal from your car insurance company as well. I believe it is a small additional fee, otherwise your insurance cover would not be valid in Nepal.

Recently Nepal had banned Rs. 500 and Rs. 2000 notes, so it would be a good idea to carry Rs. 100 notes.

foadbear

Pirates Skulls and Bones
Thats great info. 100 Rs notes it will be. I am now thinking to eliminate the risk cover and get transportation from somewhere near Dudhwa itself. It's Dhanghadi, the place in Nepal where the border coincides with India. There is only one place to see as far as I can search on internet, the Aircraft museum. I can go there by hiring transport from Dudhwa and then come back the same day.

Since there is nothing else there, staying there shouldn't be on my list I guess.

I am not sure if there is something else in Dhanghadi that should justify staying there for a night.