Need suggestion for summer getaways in Karnataka during May-June

Gr8bhatta

Hi Friends, am from Pune, and am planning to do a trip down south in May mid/end or early June. Am aware of few places like Coorg/Ooty/Kemmangundi etc, but just looking for recommendations if those places are worth visiting during summer or if there are other places down south that can be visited. Thanks.

rajeshv

This year Karnataka is been ruthlessly hot. Among the places you have in mind, Ooty is the only place I would recommend.

Accidental Rider

Wake up - Ride - Explore
Hi Friends, am from Pune, and am planning to do a trip down south in May mid/end or early June. Am aware of few places like Coorg/Ooty/Kemmangundi etc, but just looking for recommendations if those places are worth visiting during summer or if there are other places down south that can be visited. Thanks.
Coorg and Kemmangundi would be hotter comparing to Ooty during Summer... If you are ok to travel down south, You can try Kodaikanal or Munnar&Vagamon... Lemme know your plan I can guide you if you are not aware of these places.

manumaan

Ooty is the one place with good cool weather in South India during this time. You can combine that with some visits to the nearby national parks of Mudumalai (TN) Bandipur (KA) May mid to June is very hot in south India.
May 17 to 21 is the flower show. You can get on the Nilgiris Toy Train which is a wonderful experience, you can book tickets on IRCTC. Special trains run every sat-sun, normal train runs every day, from MTP to UAM and back.

rrjohn

What about Nandi Hills or Kodachadri? If you are open to traveling to Kerala and not just Karnataka (FYI, Ooty is in Tamil Nadu), your choices will increase considerably. Munnar, Thekkady, Ponmudi, Idukki - all in Kerala - are good options too. Lots of beaches, sprawling tea/coffee plantations, and delicious food to enjoy!

Gr8bhatta

Thanks for the tips guys.
Sadly number of days is now limited to just 4-5 days :(
I am now planning to visit Dandeli-Yana-Murdeshwar-Karwar or may be the Shimoga-chikmaguluru-agumbe area(not in the order mentioned) . If I am not mistaken , these regions won't be that hot by may last week (25th Onwards) . Any suggestions for itinerary would be helpful!

uturn

Super User
Thanks for the tips guys.
Sadly number of days is now limited to just 4-5 days :(
I am now planning to visit Dandeli-Yana-Murdeshwar-Karwar or may be the Shimoga-chikmaguluru-agumbe area(not in the order mentioned) . If I am not mistaken , these regions won't be that hot by may last week (25th Onwards) . Any suggestions for itinerary would be helpful!
Dandeli is always better but towards sea (Murdeshwara /Karwar) side it gets hot in May.
Shivmogga chikmagalur Agumbe is also a better option.
You may get rain showers in the evening to get cold nights.