Need your help for buying a new car

adityaraj

I am planning to buy a new compact SUV and my budget is max 14 lacs. My monthly run is max 100 km in city and 500 km on Highways - I know it is low but my old car (10 yr old Tata Indica - 90 thousand km on Odometer) is being used by my wife now.

My requirement
- Need a tough car with good ground clearance as I will drive it on rough village roads and farms too.
- I don't drive very fast and the max I prefer to drive is 90km/hr speed
- Backseat comfort and backseat shoulder space is very important
- My height is 6ft 1inch and for my long legs, I will need space in front.
- I am not very fond of any gimmicks or unwanted features in a car.
- Preferring Diesel over petrol cars because of the torque.

I have shortlisted 3 cars but all of them has some issue and I have to choose one of them:

1 - Nexon XZ - Love the car but hate the Tata service. I have Tata Indica and tata service had "chalta hai" attitude when I checked two years ago. Now, I getting the car serviced at a non-authorized Local service center. I am not sure how is their service now. Love the looks, space, and build quality of Nexon.

2 - Creta Ex Model - I really loved the looks and interior of the car. But, my friend, who had i20 earlier, suggested me that it will not be able to handle the beating of bad roads and village farm roads. Additionally, I didn't find the backseat very comfortable because of the cramped shoulder room, upright reclined angle, and a bump in the center of the seat. Another reason each and every showroom in my city will sell the car only if I will buy insurance from them. What a scam.

3 - XUV 300 - Very spacious car and amazing engine. I didn't like the central console in front but loved the backseat space. But, the boot space is very less. Not sure about how is their service.

I am not considering any other options like Ford Ecosport, Maruti or Honda.

Please suggest which one should I choose.

jeetcp

Mediocre me
Hi Adi,
Hope you are doing good.

Let me give 2 cents.
You already have tata exposure. People might call them bad. I have 2 recent Tatas, and they are far far better these days. No issues at all.
Once product is good, the service does not matter much. The new tata cars will not have any issues to fix.

1) Nexon: yes, it is a no brainer. Great car. My 1st choice. Petrol or diesel is your choice. Because terbo petrol is also good enough. If you want to pay extra for diesel , then take that.

2) X300 - great car. people know less about how good it is. It is better than nexon (though I am a tata fanboy).
It has better crash rating than Nexon.
Test drive both and decide if u line nexon or X300.
Boot space in 300 is less, so you will have to put some on rear seat.

3) Creata: Not as good as nexon or 300.
OK. yes, it is higher segment, yes it is bigger and more power etc. But is it as solid, or as safe as those? No. It is hardly 3.1 Rating.
and IT IS OVERPRICED.
Service and parts in hyundai are too expensive.

Anything else: I cannt think of better choice than nexon or 300.
Magnite can be seen (Cheap price),

Last: I tell everyone. You buy cars every 6-10 years. Please get an automatic NOW. an AMT is also good enough than manual. In long run you will thank me. Those 50K Ruppes will be best investment.

adityaraj

Hi Adi,
Hope you are doing good.

Let me give 2 cents.
You already have tata exposure. People might call them bad. I have 2 recent Tatas, and they are far far better these days. No issues at all.
Once product is good, the service does not matter much. The new tata cars will not have any issues to fix.

1) Nexon: yes, it is a no brainer. Great car. My 1st choice. Petrol or diesel is your choice. Because terbo petrol is also good enough. If you want to pay extra for diesel , then take that.

2) X300 - great car. people know less about how good it is. It is better than nexon (though I am a tata fanboy).
It has better crash rating than Nexon.
Test drive both and decide if u line nexon or X300.
Boot space in 300 is less, so you will have to put some on rear seat.

3) Creata: Not as good as nexon or 300.
OK. yes, it is higher segment, yes it is bigger and more power etc. But is it as solid, or as safe as those? No. It is hardly 3.1 Rating.
and IT IS OVERPRICED.
Service and parts in hyundai are too expensive.

Anything else: I cannt think of better choice than nexon or 300.
Magnite can be seen (Cheap price),

Last: I tell everyone. You buy cars every 6-10 years. Please get an automatic NOW. an AMT is also good enough than manual. In long run you will thank me. Those 50K Ruppes will be best investment.
Thank you for your awesome reply. I will go for Nexon XZ Diesel as I loved the interiors as compared to XUV300.

Last edited: