New Avengar 220 DTS I Issue [ fuse gets blown up sometime after starting]

prakash11111

HI All,

I have a serious issue with my new bike , any help is appreciated a lot.
its just 7 month old bike , i gave for 2nd free servicing in mid of december to khiviraj bjaj service station [bangalore]. and after 2nd servicing there was problem of oil licking i went they fixed something.
after few days from january i am facing the problem of fuse get blown up and i have to go buy a new fuse and change it. i have been to service center from 2 month, every time they keep bike for one week and they promise it will not happen again but again it happens to me.
Problem description : Just start bike and keep it for few more second on neuteral , fuse gets blown ; now change the fuse.
Problem is not consistent but frustating , every time go buy the fuse and change it.
Please anyone can suggest something.

Thanks in advance.

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
HI All,

I have a serious issue with my new bike , any help is appreciated a lot.
its just 7 month old bike , i gave for 2nd free servicing in mid of december to khiviraj bjaj service station [bangalore]. and after 2nd servicing there was problem of oil licking i went they fixed something.
after few days from january i am facing the problem of fuse get blown up and i have to go buy a new fuse and change it. i have been to service center from 2 month, every time they keep bike for one week and they promise it will not happen again but again it happens to me.
Problem description : Just start bike and keep it for few more second on neuteral , fuse gets blown ; now change the fuse.
Problem is not consistent but frustating , every time go buy the fuse and change it.
Please anyone can suggest something.

Thanks in advance.
do u have any rat problems check as some times they eat the weirs i gor got a blown fuse but only once . i think u need to check ur head lamp bulb some times a bad bulb can cause blown fuse get it checked . turn on the ignition do not start the bike switch on the indicators now tunr the handle lock to lock do this to both blinkers , push horn few time , if every thing ok do this all but now start ur bike turn the headlight also.
one more thing while starting the bike make sure the head lamp is not on.
these small problems need hit and trail.

I got some additional LED lights installed and mechanic made the set up in such a way that a wire beneath handle bars was cut/short circuit sort of thing, it blown two fuses away. I ended up buying 6 fuses for emergency because of being unaware of the issue. Contacted local mechanic, he sorted it out within minutes. Check for some wiring issue in local trusted shop. I had worst experience with service centres in terms of electrical works within my avy. A mechanic might ask for 50 bucks to sort it out (i.e. replacing wires if major issues, or repairing it).

IJS

The Ghost Who Walks
I got some additional LED lights installed and mechanic made the set up in such a way that a wire beneath handle bars was cut/short circuit sort of thing, it blown two fuses away. I ended up buying 6 fuses for emergency because of being unaware of the issue. Contacted local mechanic, he sorted it out within minutes. Check for some wiring issue in local trusted shop. I had worst experience with service centres in terms of electrical works within my avy. A mechanic might ask for 50 bucks to sort it out (i.e. replacing wires if major issues, or repairing it).
Good to know that u got the solution.