New Smartphone

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
I have been using Nokia Lumia 925 since more than 3 years. Its a terrific phone and I enjoyed the company. Now the apps are demanding more resources and hence can't rely on it any longer.

I am searching for a suitable replacement since a few days but haven't been able to find any phone that fits the bill perfectly. Since I am able to take care of phones for 2-3 years am looking for a phone that is power packed to keep me company in the future.

Preferences are 5" Screen, 4GB RAM, 625 Chipset minimum, 3000+mAh battery & decent camera. The one that has caught attention is Lenovo Z2 Plus. There are mixed reviews and hence I am a little worried and am looking for other options.

Currently am looking for phones under 20k. If nothing else works out I may buy Oneplus 3T too.

Please suggest if Lenovo Z2 Plus is decent enough or if there are similar options.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
I am using Redmi 3S Prime.
It is available on sale only for Rs.9000/-.
I am happy with it almost 99% !
1% is soft corner for mobiles of 6GB RAM of Samsung etc.
LOL !

My Review of Redmi 3s Prime:
https://www.bcmtouring.com/forums/threads/redmi-3s-prime-review-and-experience.69621/

I am happy with its 3GB RAM.
It is not full HD screen but that is not my priority as I am not into games etc.
All videos are played well.
I need it for my pro n personal life.
It is performing foid.
Othee Redmi with friends / BCMTians are also going good.
It is perfect for good life.

Last edited:

Prasham

Finally bought Lenovo Z2 Plus.

It has 5" Screen, 820 Chipset, 4GB RAM, 3500 mAh battery, can be operated with single hand and a decent UI.

The camera is its biggest letdown, especially in indoor light / low light. Another problem is that is slightly bulky due to the large battery.

adsatinder

Plz Help Himabuj (Amit Tyagi) in Corona Fighting
Congrats !

You will be soon get used too with its bulky battery.

Try to use filter camera app or other camera app that may suit you for low light situations.

Redmi 3s prime is perfect in all aspects.
It is not bulky.
Camera is also enough to cover the low llight with its limitations.
Otherwise Samsung S8 camera is best in low light conditions.
If I see the budget, I got the best.

Prasham

Yup Redmi 3S Prime is the best phone under 10k range but since I wanted more powerful phone keeping the resource demanding apps of the future, I got the Lenovo Z2 Plus.

JustStarted

Finally bought Lenovo Z2 Plus.

It has 5" Screen, 820 Chipset, 4GB RAM, 3500 mAh battery, can be operated with single hand and a decent UI.

The camera is its biggest letdown, especially in indoor light / low light. Another problem is that is slightly bulky due to the large battery.
Hi,

i am considering same phone, as you mentioned there are mix reviews, can you please update how its working for you ?

heating issue ?

Thanks

Prasham

Hi,

i am considering same phone, as you mentioned there are mix reviews, can you please update how its working for you ?

heating issue ?

Thanks
Gifted it to a nephew as he liked it and had passed 12th with flying colours. Bought Redmi 4 (32GB / 3GB version) now.