Nexon owners - Questions

Nitish Kumar

Starting a thread for Tata Nexon owners who can share their experiences about common issues and questions. Obviously would need inputs from other car owners with similar specs and generic type issues or queries.

The start with,

1. KEYLESS ENTRY: Feeling rather troubled with this one. It feels like anyone can open the boot if I am inside car or in close vicinity. Seems scary on Toll booth etc, no? Any tips about that?

2. VOICE COMMANDS: It seems accepting only UK accents while Google Voice assistant via Phone been generous about it and used to understand commands easily. Any tips about that?

3. ANDROID AUTO: This works only over USB connection which tends to break during offroads and hence navigation may be gone. What might be a better position to keep so that it may be unaffected with that?

4. CAR cover: worth it? How to manage daily cleaning?

5. SHINE: any tips about cleaning or polish etc?

Nitish Kumar @Nkumar_

deepam

Super User
I can answer your 3 questions:
1. KEYLESS ENTRY: Feeling rather troubled with this one. It feels like anyone can open the boot if I am inside car or in close vicinity. Seems scary on Toll booth etc, no? Any tips about that?
- Speed sensing lock; will lock all 5 doors. So at Toll booth one cannot have access to your booth.

- If one wants to keep the car clean, daily cleaning is inevitable. I think your car slot is open parking, so even car car may not help. It only helps till the point you clear your car and then cover car with cover, till you start your first trip. If it is closed car parking for you. Then at the end of the day, you can clean your car and cover with car cover. So that this saves you the morning ritual of cleaning the car.

- There are lots of Cleaning and Polish available. It is one choice to Splurge money. As polish gets dissolved once it comes in contact with Diesel. If interested in DIY, I was really happy using Amway Car wash and Polish.

deepam

Super User
For remaining 2 questions, I am not sure:
2. VOICE COMMANDS: It seems accepting only UK accents while Google Voice assistant via Phone been generous about it and used to understand commands easily. Any tips about that?
- Check in Manual to see if you can change any settings.

3. ANDROID AUTO: This works only over USB connection which tends to break during offroads and hence navigation may be gone. What might be a better position to keep so that it may be unaffected with that?
- have you tried with Bluetooth pairing. I am not fully aware how Android Auto works as I have not used it. When I used Bluetooth connection, I did not find any issues when I paired mobile with Head unit connected via Bluetooth to my car [though my Car Head unit is Non-touch screen].

Nitish Kumar

I can answer your 3 questions:
- Speed sensing lock; will lock all 5 doors. So at Toll booth one cannot have access to your booth.

- If one wants to keep the car clean, daily cleaning is inevitable. I think your car slot is open parking, so even car car may not help. It only helps till the point you clear your car and then cover car with cover, till you start your first trip. If it is closed car parking for you. Then at the end of the day, you can clean your car and cover with car cover. So that this saves you the morning ritual of cleaning the car.

- There are lots of Cleaning and Polish available. It is one choice to Splurge money. As polish gets dissolved once it comes in contact with Diesel. If interested in DIY, I was really happy using Amway Car wash and Polish.
Keyless entry case isn't that simple as speed sensing locking has been intentionally removed. Only way forward is to lock by either door nob or the button in central console

Nitish Kumar @Nkumar_

Nitish Kumar

For remaining 2 questions, I am not sure:
- Check in Manual to see if you can change any settings.

- have you tried with Bluetooth pairing. I am not fully aware how Android Auto works as I have not used it. When I used Bluetooth connection, I did not find any issues when I paired mobile with Head unit connected via Bluetooth to my car [though my Car Head unit is Non-touch screen].
For voice command, yes it's still pending from my side to give enough to fiddle through settings. Google assistant with Android Auto handles voices much better obviously.

Android Auto isn't designed to work over Bluetooth considering higher bandwidth requirements. The future iterations support WiFi though but current crop of vehicles don't have that either.

Nitish Kumar @Nkumar_