Nice write-up on Bose Music Systems

Shriganesh

doesnt matter who says what... i have one at home... at it absolutely meets my expectations for a good home theater system... dannon is the another name that comes to my mind when thinking of good sound systems.

panu

Certain RAGAS....
Having read most of his published research papers I did not find any reference to this! This seems to be pure speculation.
Could you cite the source, please?
Well Sirjee you are being too specific to differentiate between scientist and Engineer Cum inventor and between external hardwares of auditory system of human being and internal softwares of brain - i think these are not mutually exclusive things.

Probably u are an electrical engineer so you have more idea in it.

He did not invent any secrets of sound; he did research on how the human brain perceives sound, specifically music.
And the company he founded is Bose Corporation.
He has many a patents on his sound system (every big company have) and he invented or innovated many features in sound multiplication and reproduction.

Inventor of the Year of 1987
Acoustic waveguide speaker technology garners praise from the scientific community, earning Dr. Bose and Dr. William Short "Inventor of the Year" honors.

Recently

2008 Bose founder honored

Dr. Amar Bose was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame in Akron, Ohio, for achievements in audio technology that "have significantly influenced the quality of how we live." All nominees must hold at least one US patent to be considered.

Go this page

http://worldwide.bose.com/aim/en_py/web/milestones/page.html

Regarding his interest in Indian Ragas and its effect on human psychology - all i read from an interview of him in a newspaper while he was in Calcutta.

Even Depak chopra is using some of these things called Vedic music or something...............

So far i know effect of sound on human psychology was invented by PLATO in his Theatre therapy techniques to cure mentally disordered persons.

Last edited: