Night photography help

iamsomnath

Where is the remote?
This belongs to the Jokes thread
No Yaar seriously. Actually when I started doing photography due to high cost of films we barely had the budget to do any experiment ( one blessing I count in favour of digital imagery ). But I see a lot of very fine experiments all around and somehow that has motivated me to try a bit. Let's see how it pans out. Wish me luck :-D

Cheers
Somnath

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Ankur the 28 sec i.e. 500/18 is for full frame
We get 500/27 aprox 18-19 seconds in crop sensor
Arshad bhai, I am not sure if I agree to what you said. I have searched numerous threads on web that confirm your claim though.
According to my understanding, angular movement of star is same no matter what is the sensor size (pixel density being same)
A crop sensor camera is showing you a smaller portion of the image of what would be captured by full frame sensor, so technically angular movement of stars should be same for both formats.
hence no need to use the "crop ratio" in "rule of 500"

Roadie..

Super User
Arshad bhai, I am not sure if I agree to what you said. I have searched numerous threads on web that confirm your claim though.
According to my understanding, angular movement of star is same no matter what is the sensor size (pixel density being same)
A crop sensor camera is showing you a smaller portion of the image of what would be captured by full frame sensor, so technically angular movement of stars should be same for both formats.
hence no need to use the "crop ratio" in "rule of 500"
True Angular movement remains the same
But the crop sensor magnifies the movement by 1.5 times for APS-C.

You see there is star movement even for a 5 second exposure
Its just that we cant notice it.

If I try 25 seconds on APS C it clearly shows movement
While 18 seconds shows none