Night photography help

Roadie..

Super User
Very valid facts Somnath Da. corners see horrible distortion as compared to center...
I have D3100 and D750. A fully conclusive result will require sensor of same pixel density. But i can use my D750 in DXmode... Great!
Let's compare and dissect all 3 set of images soon....
What is DX mode?
Does it use only the APS equivalent portion of the FF sensor?

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
What is DX mode?
Does it use only the APS equivalent portion of the FF sensor?
yes Arshad, There is an option in D750 (perhaps all Nikon FF cameras?) to use DX mode. This mode simply uses the DX area (equal to APSC) of sensor.

ThePilgrim

Not that I mind but I am sure the OP will be bamboozled with what all is being discussed in this thread o_Oo_O
But I've learnt one thing that there are so many experts here and if I stick for long, I'll learn a few good things too despite my sever skill handicap. Hehe.

Cheers

Sanswam

Santosh Swaminathan
I remember this pic by @ThePilgrim in his travelogue and he informed that he is enquire about it...
@Ankur003 bhai aap ne tho ekdum faddu technical cheez bole hai...Rule 500 is something i learnt today... Thanks you!

I completely didnt get the infinity part , will try it out on my own and then pester you offline :p

ThePilgrim

Thanks all for the info.
Rule 500 for Crop Sensor camera - this is cool and I'll try to keep a tab of it. Thanks again.

ISO - I understand your suggestions about increasing ISO in such cases and thanks for that.

Ok, let me ask a specific query please:
As far as exposure in this image goes, I am ok with it. Actually with this shot, my target was to capture scene as my eye could see it.
I clicked shots at higher ISO too but then settled on this one because exposure on this one clearly matched what my eye could see (and what it couldn't).
My problem is with the focus (or image sharpness in general). I tried my best to find optimal focus but couldn't.
I read about infinity focus as suggsted above but couldn't understand how it would relate here.
Help please.

Cheers

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Thanks all for the info.
Rule 500 for Crop Sensor camera - this is cool and I'll try to keep a tab of it. Thanks again.

ISO - I understand your suggestions about increasing ISO in such cases and thanks for that.

Ok, let me ask a specific query please:
As far as exposure in this image goes, I am ok with it. Actually with this shot, my target was to capture scene as my eye could see it.
I clicked shots at higher ISO too but then settled on this one because exposure on this one clearly matched what my eye could see (and what it couldn't).
My problem is with the focus (or image sharpness in general). I tried my best to find optimal focus but couldn't.
I read about infinity focus as suggsted above but couldn't understand how it would relate here.
Help please.

Cheers
Well by infinity, don't think it is used only for stars. Lens can focus to limited distance... anything very far is referred as infinity.
Hills in this case can be considered at infinity. try different settings on your lens...