No marriage due to biking hobby :(

mindless wanderer

with age, get a cage!
Live example from Kurt and Wanderer... Continue Riding and one fine day you will find a like minded soulmate... You never know, may be on a highway ;)!
One should never change the basic underlying personality of an individual....I am what I am...If biking/rallying/touring/XYZ defines me then it does and one has to accept me with it and not without it...

On the face of it, many may commit that they'll quit whatever XYZ habit they have but it doesn't work that way...few years down the line they'll get back to their natural self and then it'll be more painful to live with it...so be bold and stick to your passion...

Cheers

dhruvpandit

One should never change the basic underlying personality of an individual....I am what I am...If biking/rallying/touring/XYZ defines me then it does and one has to accept me with it and not without it...

On the face of it, many may commit that they'll quit whatever XYZ habit they have but it doesn't work that way...few years down the line they'll get back to their natural self and then it'll be more painful to live with it...so be bold and stick to your passion...

Cheers
i was OK with her studies personally i dont like to study ( thats why i prefer to not continue study and join business for myself )

Juley..
The status symbols and priorities changes by the passage of time. During the years of 1986 the M/Cycles were the status symbols and the in-laws were marrying their daughters with the guys having M/cycles but now the status symbols have changed to luxurious Cars so they don't like the guys riding m/cycles. I am also a rider and once I was in Leh and my near relatives were also there in Gypsies and they said me that all are doing Leh by expensive vehicles but you are still riding a bike which is shameful to your In-laws here in the group. Since I was getting Rs. 50,000/- per month from the H.P. Govt. and I was able to hire a Gypsy but it was my passion which they were not aware of it. Yes, the key of success is the saying of Mindless Wanderer," Be bold and stick to your passion." Juley..

- - - Updated - - -

Juley..
The status symbols and priorities changes by the passage of time. During the years of 1986 the M/Cycles were the status symbols and the in-laws were marrying their daughters with the guys having M/cycles but now the status symbols have changed to luxurious Cars so they don't like the guys riding m/cycles. I am also a rider and once I was in Leh and my near relatives were also there in Gypsies and they said me that all are doing Leh by expensive vehicles but you are still riding a bike which is shameful to your In-laws here in the group. Since I was getting Rs. 50,000/- per month from the H.P. Govt. and I was able to hire a Gypsy but it was my passion which they were not aware of it. Yes, the key of success is the saying of Mindless Wanderer," Be bold and stick to your passion." Juley..

anupkrverma

India tops global list of fatal road mishaps - Times Of India

News and statistics like above never help in building a positive attitude about biking. Specially in India where no facilities are there in case of a road mishap. Even gurgaon expressway does not follow the rules properly.
We can not condemn the girls parents for this.
The problem is that we want all others and them only to change their mindsets immediately.

PS- Nothing in relation to the dilemma of the OP.

mindless wanderer

with age, get a cage!
Too updated this data is for me...also it would be useful to look at no. of deaths/no. of accidents rather just an absolute number and I'm sure over the last 5 years (since this data was published) public has grown with times and safety equipments ar ebeing used much more than before.

I agree its OT :p for the marriage dilemma.

rkbharat

Guru
I would say, move on. Could be a valid reason for girl or her parents to say no. Don't get stuck to one meet, atleast that is the benefit of having arranged marriage.

Do not compromise on anything now or else it will hurt all life, you adjust as go along, but do not start with compromise

dhruvpandit

Check it out Dhruv!! Problem solved IMO!! :D :grin:
that group is only for Bikerni's
and i am of course a biker :twisted:

- - - Updated - - -

i still have some soft corner about that girl. (don't know why but....)
i am thinking to msg her from FB.
is it right move?

if yes, what should be the content of msg?