"No Theme"

Very nice pic, Pushpinder. If I may ask, where was this?
Thanks AD..
This was shot at a place that not many people visit.
Right after Renuka lake is a 'kuchha' track leading up to a peak that houses the temple of Jamadagni Rishi, husband of Renuka.
This was shot there....as was the one that follows.
The light was a bit harsh, though!!
IMG_65011.jpg

arindamdas

Thanks Pushpinder. All deserts look kinda similar, so I was thinking about Nevada. The white stuff in the foreground, is it a salt flat?

For the pic in post 8: If you want to have some fun during processing, let me share this. Select everything but the Nike cap and convert it to b&w (up to you how dramatic you want it to be). Then superimpose the Nike hat on the b&w image. This is just for fun though.

Last edited:
Thanks Pushpinder. All deserts look kinda similar, so I was thinking about Nevada. The white stuff in the foreground, is it a salt flat?
:)
Not a desert at all.....
This is the heart of the Himalayas...
The FG is actually a concrete roof of a structure adjoining the temple.

arindamdas

See, looks can be deceiving :) I was completely under the impression that the scene is from a desert or a high desert. But why no greenery? Where exactly is it? (edit: Googled it)

Last edited:
For the pic in post 8: If you want to have some fun during processing, let me share this. Select everything but the Nike cap and convert it to b&w (up to you how dramatic you want it to be). Then superimpose the Nike hat on the b&w image. This is just for fun though.
Not particularly good at that.....may I request you to do the needful and post please.

See, looks can be deceiving :) I was completely under the impression that the scene is from a desert or a high desert. But why no greenery? Where exactly is it?
Renuka is very close to a place called Nahan in the Sirmour distt. of Himachal.
Heres some greenery from the area...
IMG_64781.jpg

arindamdas

Here you go, Pushpinder. A rush job. I should have applied some noise reduction on the sky and sharpened the mountains a bit, but was just too lazy. Oh, and thanks for your reply.

P.S: I have now deleted your photo from my computer.

Attachments

Last edited: