Noida-Jispa-Leh-Pangong-Nubra-Srinagar-Noida

Explorer's Den

Hiii guys,

I am planning a trip of 8 nights 9 days to leh ladakh from June 25th-July 3rd, 2016. Here's the itinerary -

Date Start End
25-Jun-16 Delhi Jispa
26-Jun-16 Jispa Leh
27-Jun-16 Leh Leh
28-Jun-16 Leh Pangong
29-Jun-16 Pangong Leh
30-Jun-16 Leh Kyagar, Nubra Valley
1-Jul-16 Nubra Leh
2-Jul-16 Leh Kargil - Srinagar
3-Jul-16 Srinagar Delhi

Hope it looks doable as I have researched a lot and planned this. Any advise on getting it better is welcomed.

I am planning to travel by my own Hyundai Grand i10 (5 months old) with my wife and a cousin. Some of my friends told me to get an SUV instead of hatchback but that would just increase my budget as I would have to rent an SUV. I would like to know if it's advisable and safe to take a hatchback. Plus I heard that cabs are not allowed in Ladakh and only private cars are allowed to roam.

Secondly, Should I do all the bookings in advance or will it be fine to search for an hotel then and there only??

I would be really thankful if anyone an help me with these queries.

Warm regards,

Anshu

suyash_tripathi

1. First wait for Manali-Leh road to be open then plan the trip. 2. Delhi-Jispa in 1 day is not advisable in i10 same goes with Leh-Srinagar and Srinagar-Delhi. 3. IMHO, if taking a hatchback with 3 people on board, try to postpone the trip to Late August or September.

Explorer's Den

1. First wait for Manali-Leh road to be open then plan the trip. 2. Delhi-Jispa in 1 day is not advisable in i10 same goes with Leh-Srinagar and Srinagar-Delhi. 3. IMHO, if taking a hatchback with 3 people on board, try to postpone the trip to Late August or September.
I want to reach Leh in 2 days and come back in 2 days so that I have approx 5 days for sightseeing in Leh. Can you please suggest any another way of doing so.

suyash_tripathi

I want to reach Leh in 2 days and come back in 2 days so that I have approx 5 days for sightseeing in Leh. Can you please suggest any another way of doing so.
Then i would suggest you take a flight. There is no point driving at night in Ladakh area missing all the serene beauty that the area has to offer. EXTEND YOUR DAYS, that is the only way out if you want a self drive expedition to Ladakh.

Explorer's Den

Then i would suggest you take a flight. There is no point driving at night in Ladakh area missing all the serene beauty that the area has to offer. EXTEND YOUR DAYS, that is the only way out if you want a self drive expedition to Ladakh.
In that case I would try to extend the days and will postpone the trip to Mid-July. Will there be any problem in taking a hatchback??

suyash_tripathi

There is no such problem in taking a Hatchback but in July the streams would be having more water with force. You'll need to be cautious. Try to cross all the water-crossings as early in the day as possible. More the sunshine, more the snow melts and ultimately results into more water on the roads.

Explorer's Den

There is no such problem in taking a Hatchback but in July the streams would be having more water with force. You'll need to be cautious. Try to cross all the water-crossings as early in the day as possible. More the sunshine, more the snow melts and ultimately results into more water on the roads.
Thanks for this usefull info... I'll plan accordingly...:D

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Traffic from Manali side is allowed to cross Rohtang till 1pm, since you're going in peak season, rule would likely be properly enforced, making it impossible for you to reach Jispa on first day.

Furthermore, Leh to Srinagar will take around 12-14 hours, while Srinagar to Delhi should take around 18 hours. Making this a fairly rushed trip.

My suggestion would be to add couple of days if possible or fly in and out of Leh.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk