Noida to Lucknow

Discussion in 'Road Status' started by himanshupant, Aug 13, 2014.

1. himanshupant

himanshupant Member

Hello friends

Anyone gone on a Noida - Lucknow drive recently ? How is it ? Needless to say the Yamuna Expressway is awesome but what about the roads after that ? the traffic etc ?

2. himanshupant

himanshupant Member

No update. Well let me update . I had a chance to go on this route over this long weekend. The road is awesome but the countless tolls are a big burden on the pocket.

3. jeetcp

jeetcp Mediocre me

going through YEW through Kanpur? It will be very long route. Why not take NH24 directly. I heard that most of it is repaired, though has heavy traffic.

4. himanshupant

himanshupant Member

NH24 as I know is not safe,full of traffic.

5. abhishek83

abhishek83 New Member

buddy, don't ever think about taking NH-24 route, till moradabaad the roads are in very good condition but after tht roads are are full with big potholes(285 kms) till sitapur. from sitapur to lucknow (90) roads are very good..u better take YE route, after that u will face local traffic in between and lots of diversion but the roads are in mint condition..

6. himanshupant

himanshupant Member

Exactly abhishek83. This is my understanding of the NH24 route. YE ,itawah,kanpur,lucknow route had exceptional roads with negligible traffic

7. veer jaisingh

veer jaisingh Member

[MENTION=356]himanshupant[/MENTION] : Buddy, the NH 24 is very safe like any other highway in our country :) However i do agree that between Moradabad and Sitapur the road is in utter negligence state.

So until and unless [MENTION=19167]jeetcp[/MENTION] is planning an adventure trip from Noida to Lucknow it will be advisable to avoid this National Highway for this time at least. :grin::grin:

8. himanshupant

himanshupant Member

Interesting. The feedback I had got from relatives was that NH24 route is unsafe with car jacking being quite common. Glad that this is not the case.

YE is very heavy on the pocket though with exorbitant amount of toll

9. jeetcp

jeetcp Mediocre me

Btw. How old is ur news. What i heard from my frnd is that nh24 road work which was running for years is nearing completion. And till lucknow not more then 50 km will be bad. Overall better then it was in 2013.
    Need to be confirmed though.

Abhi nahi, may be after diwali i may drive to lucknow to see friends.

10. abhishek83

abhishek83 New Member

well in Feb 2014,i had to go lucknow, while going from Delhi I took YE route, and took my chances came back via sitapur and through out I was cursing my self why did I choose this route, I don't think Road condition would be better now.