North Sikkim - Dream Fulfilled

BHOOTER RAJA

Chalo .......let's go.
Lovely North Sikkim .
Getting ILP is not at all difficult but they intentionally spread some stories about the difficulties. Can not blame them ..Sikkim is a very small state . Tourism is the main industry there and local youths mostly rely on their cars to get bread and butter . So if max of the tourists drive their own cars it will be really tough for them. Better you rent their car and drive yourself.

Ladakh_Maniac

Very engrossing story. Nicely written.
Just curious if Gurudongmar can be visited in March or the connecting road remains closed. Since it is a border road, I am hopeful that army will keep it open.
(I also come from Jamshedpur - born and spent next 17 years there, so can relate to you more :) )

Ashutosh Kumar

Live Young, Live Free
Very engrossing story. Nicely written.
Just curious if Gurudongmar can be visited in March or the connecting road remains closed. Since it is a border road, I am hopeful that army will keep it open.
(I also come from Jamshedpur - born and spent next 17 years there, so can relate to you more :) )
Thanks Ladakh_Maniac :)
Good to know somebody from my hometown on the forum.
Would love to connect with you sometime.
March would definitely be possible. Roads are generally open during this period, but may close for few days. I have heard of many people taken the journey in March, but there is always a risk of road closure due to snowfall or landslide. In that case the army would not allow further, even if you have the permits.

Last edited: