Nubra To Spangmik(Pangong)

Sumit Gulati

Hi Yogesh & Team and BCMTouring Memebers,

I have found so much useful information on Leh travel. Thank for all these details.

Although I have couple of queries regarding my travel. I will appreciate if anyone can help with his experience.

Query 1:-
I am traveling the Leh in middle of August by flight and staying in Leh only for 1st three nights. on Day-4 I will stay in Nubra. On Day-5 I want to travel directly from Nubra to Spangmik rather then going to Leh and start for Pangong next day. I want to know the road conditions between Khalsar to Durbuk in case I am traveling directly from Nubra to Pangong.

Query 2:-
I am planning to travel Tso Moriri from Leh. Is it good idea to go to Moriri and come back to Leh on same day or it will be too much travel. In case you suggest the stay at Moriri, please suggest the place to stay at Moriri.

Thanks!!
Sumit Gulati

gkapoor

Super User
1. No one can tell about khalsar to dirbuk 15 days in advance. When you reach Nubra, enquire from locals or taxi drivers about the agham-shyok route and then take a decision.

2. If you are planning to go to Tso Moriri, why not go there from Pangong directly, stay at tso moriri for a night and then come back to Leh. Leh to Tso moriri and back on same day will be too much travel. You will also not be able to enjoy tso moriri. It deserves a night stay.
In case you do not have sufficient days for this, drop tso moriri and save it for next visit.

• How are you travelling in Ladakh? Rented bike or taxi?
  • What are you going to do for 3 days in Leh?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
As of now, Agham – Shyok route is closed due to flash flood and Wari La too has been closed. I will be reaching Leh next week and will be back by 15th. If the route is open, I will do it and let you know the status of it.

Spend the night at Tso Moriri, it isn’t worth doing it in a single day, too hetic with not much time at the lake.

Sumit Gulati

1. No one can tell about khalsar to dirbuk 15 days in advance. When you reach Nubra, enquire from locals or taxi drivers about the agham-shyok route and then take a decision.

2. If you are planning to go to Tso Moriri, why not go there from Pangong directly, stay at tso moriri for a night and then come back to Leh. Leh to Tso moriri and back on same day will be too much travel. You will also not be able to enjoy tso moriri. It deserves a night stay.
In case you do not have sufficient days for this, drop tso moriri and save it for next visit.

• How are you travelling in Ladakh? Rented bike or taxi?
  • What are you going to do for 3 days in Leh?
Thanks Mr. Kapoor for your suggestions. As Yogesh has mentioned roads are closed as of now. I will come back to Leh from Nubra.

These are the Itinerary for 1st three days.

Day-1

Leh

Shanti Stupa

Day-2

Leh (By Taxi)

Gurudwara Patthar Sahib,Magnetic Hill,Sangam (Nimmu),Alchi

Day-3

Leh (By Bike)

Ladakh Hall of Fame,Thiksey Monastery,Hemis Monastery,Leh Main Bazaar

Thanks!!
Sumit Gulati

Sumit Gulati

As of now, Agham – Shyok route is closed due to flash flood and Wari La too has been closed. I will be reaching Leh next week and will be back by 15th. If the route is open, I will do it and let you know the status of it.

Spend the night at Tso Moriri, it isn’t worth doing it in a single day, too hetic with not much time at the lake.
Thanks Yogesh..... Ya I will save Moriri for next trip.... any another suggestion for me.... which I should not miss in Leh

gkapoor

Super User
Day 1, 2, 3 can be combined into two days if you are feeling comfortable upon landing in leh. Dont exert too much at sightseeing places and you should be fine. Take the stairs slowly, drink enough water, dont run around.
If you have extra day or two, you can cover sumur-panamik side of Nubra Valley.

Sumit Gulati

Hi Mr. Kapoor and Mr Yogesh,

Please suggest the place, where should I stay at Pangong bank.... Spangmik or mann or anywhere else....

gkapoor

Super User
Hi Mr. Kapoor and Mr Yogesh,

Please suggest the place, where should I stay at Pangong bank.... Spangmik or mann or anywhere else....
Spangmik if you have a long drive planned next day. It also has more stay options.
Man/Mekar are approx 9 /12 kms far from spangmik so it will take more time to reach there and return the next day. Stay options are also comparatively less than spangmik. But lesser crowd. :)

In any case, both places will offer good views of lake, so no loss.

Sumit Gulati

Spangmik if you have a long drive planned next day. It also has more stay options.
Man/Mekar are approx 9 /12 kms far from spangmik so it will take more time to reach there and return the next day. Stay options are also comparatively less than spangmik. But lesser crowd. :)

In any case, both places will offer good views of lake, so no loss.
Hi Mr. Kapoor,

Thanks for info.

Please suggest good option to stay at Spangmik as I have done all booking for Leh and Nubra.... but not sure about Pangong.... not much information available.... mix reviews for all Camps at lake bank...... please suggest anything if you have experienced personally.

Thanks!!
Sumit Gulati

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Avoid staying in tents, they don’t really offer you any “adventure” as such and are colder to stay in and almost as expensive as cottages. Last year I had stayed at Pangong Villa at Spangmik, decent room and good food with rooms facing Pangong Tso.