Very well written and amazing pics. I wish to visit the beach with my family to witness this nesting. Can you please give me some more information on the same? I mean, the correct season to visit, how to visit, particular time for the day to visit. Does any nature-loving group conduct any camp there during this season? if yes, i wish to contribute and help conserve these amazing creatures.
Im from Mumbai. Kindly let me know.

asheshr

Super User
Very well written and amazing pics. I wish to visit the beach with my family to witness this nesting. Can you please give me some more information on the same? I mean, the correct season to visit, how to visit, particular time for the day to visit. Does any nature-loving group conduct any camp there during this season? if yes, i wish to contribute and help conserve these amazing creatures.
Im from Mumbai. Kindly let me know.
Thanks Siddhesh for those kind words. And about how to visit i have messaged you.

There will be a great interest about the turtles in mumbai after the reports of them laying the eggs there. Keep an
eye out for the press reports.

asheshr

Super User
Some updates....Nesting is happening in Gahirmatha Beach....but sporadic nesting is happening at Gokurkuda
at Rushikulya river mouth and Devi river mouth.

At Rushikulya the beach has been damaged due to weather(storm),tide and trash....according to a friend who had gone there
tones of nala bamboo dry sticks. Some clean up has happened.