On arrival hotel booking in spiti

Deepak Dhaybhai

Hi friends,
1. 4 of us have planned to take the full circuit of spiti in our own vehicle in the month of jun-18,
2. Shimla-narkanda-sangla-kalpa-tabo-pin valley-kaza-chandratal-manali.
3. I know that its peak season for tourists

My question- How good or bad is the idea of finding a hotel/homestay after reaching the spot at all the above places?

PS: am looking for a budget accomodation (rs.500/head per night)

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You can always find something on arrival, as long as you're willing to look for a place after a long drive and don't mind moving to a different town if you do not find suitable options. You might have to raise your budget a little at some of the most touristy places eg. Shimla, Narkanda, Sangla and Kalpa.

Deepak Dhaybhai

You can always find something on arrival, as long as you're willing to look for a place after a long drive and don't mind moving to a different town if you do not find suitable options. You might have to raise your budget a little at some of the most touristy places eg. Shimla, Narkanda, Sangla and Kalpa.
Thanks mr yogesh, your feedback has made my travel plan more concrete since the dates of my visit are not fixed.

I thought that hotels and other staying options might get all booked in the tourist season well in advance. But one can find a decent place to stay even on the go right?

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
I would always advise on getting the hotel booked in advance if you’re traveling with family during a long weekend or in peak season.

Additionally, if it is a long weekend you’re planning to start at, then it would be a good idea to get the booking done.

Similarly, if you do not wish to spend half an hour or more doing hotel hunting after arriving at your destination and just have to stay in specific cities, it is best to book hotels.

If you’re ok with the idea of hunting hotels and moving to different town for better options, only then there is no need to book in advance. Also please keep in mind, if you arrive late in the evening, rates will shoot up and hotel owners might be less willing to negotiate since they know your options are limited.