One Night Is Not Enough

sagnik mitra

This write up is the way to express my feeling,my choice,my interest. I am not trying to influence anybody.Travelling in different places in different way is an addiction , inner will & habit of enjoyment. To enjoy the whole tour till the brim is not always possible if you don’t gather or learn from the experiences which may be from others or from yours only.

2017 end of May, going for long 22 days tour from Kolkata to Kinnaur-Sangla valley - Spiti valley-Chandra Tal – Leh – Delhi - Kolkata. Very successful tour - well planned and finished in time by grace of God.
I have gone to Himachal Pradesh 6 times, but last 4 times I stayed outside Shimla. Maddening traffic, vehicle & human congestion inside city, water crisis, monkey nuisance, downgrading restaurant standard & almost nil parking space near your staying option – all are my opinion and my own reasons in favour of not staying in Shimla proper.

This time also from Chandigarh we were going towards Kotgarh that also via Kalka – Solan – Ochh – Dhako – Satlai – Neripul – Theog – Kotgarh.

Destination – GRANDMA STOKES’ BED & BREAKFAST , Kotgarh, HP

1621593072313.png

We stayed that basement room with huge terrace

We reached there late as we started around 10am from Chandigarh and stuck due to traffic jam for 1 hr near Solan. Usual time to reach there from Kalka is 6hrs , through Shimla 5 & ½ hrs , but always think about traffic & road construction in that route.

IMG_1496.JPG

View from terrace of Grandma Stokes' B & B

IMG_1505.JPG

Mighty Himalaya

Why this place –
a)Peace and tranquility
b)Cleanliness
c)Home made food (by owner’s wife Veenaji and her maid Chameli) – prepared in front of you in open kitchen cum dinning hall
d)Cleanliness and maintained proper hygiene (cleaned by maid ,owner himself-Vinayji & his wife)
e)Well maintained library
f)Huge surrounding balcony with vast Himalaya in front of you
g)First sunlight on your face inside bedroom
h)No obstruction of view from your bed
i)Reasonable cost
j)No unwanted guests who can spoil your peace
k)Excellent behavior of owner & his wife
l)There so many “Achar, chutney” making factories - made locally from fruit orchards of Kotgarh only. We are so fond of Kotgarh chutney that still we relish that taste through Amazone.in.
download.jpg
OIP.jpg

m)Well maintained indoor games room.
n)Huge seasonal flower garden with mark of proper maintanance.

IMG_1503.JPG

Terrace

IMG_1507.JPG

Photo must

IMG_1520.JPG

Part of Library

IMG_1518.JPG

Indoor games area

Disadvantages –
a)If you have no vehicle , then it is difficult to stay there.
b)No market place nearby.

IMG_1529.JPG

Glimpse of flower garden with lawn

IMG_1534.JPG

With Vinayji & Veenaji in middle

From 7 pm to next day 9am was our stay that was not enough for that place, but next time sure we will stay minimum 02 nights.

Good Bye. Stay Safe with SSS