Ooty Road status, needed updates !

deepam

Super User
My first option is open then to travel south, Coorg, Ooty, Allepy, Mysore and return then ...
Let’s see what updates u get for roads/highways etc.

My concerns are roads after Mangalore or Coorg and in/around Ooty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
++++++++++++++++++++
My suggestion to you is to drop Alleppey by driving down. You can do this trip from Goa separately by Train. Lot of train options are available.
You can combine Coorg - Mysore and then go to Ooty. So route from Goa - Karwar - Kumta - Mangalore - Puttur - Sulliya - Madikeri - Hunsur - Mysore - Ooty.
In return you can chose to come via Salem - Bangalore - Hiriyur - Hosadurga - Ajjampura - Tarikere - Shimoga - Sagar - Honnavara - Kumta - Karwar - Goa.

Raj ROVER

++++++++++++++++++++
My suggestion to you is to drop Alleppey by driving down. You can do this trip from Goa separately by Train. Lot of train options are available.
You can combine Coorg - Mysore and then go to Ooty. So route from Goa - Karwar - Kumta - Mangalore - Puttur - Sulliya - Madikeri - Hunsur - Mysore - Ooty.
In return you can chose to come via Salem - Bangalore - Hiriyur - Hosadurga - Ajjampura - Tarikere - Shimoga - Sagar - Honnavara - Kumta - Karwar - Goa.
Quite convincing

Raj ROVER

Roads are okay while going from GOA to Ooty via Madikeri.
I just came back via Mysuru - Shivamogga - Shikaripura -Sirsi - Karwar - GOA.
Stretch between Shivamogga to Karwar very bad, TO AVOID, specially in the night.

deepam

Super User
Roads are okay while going from GOA to Ooty via Madikeri.
I just came back via Mysuru - Shivamogga - Shikaripura -Sirsi - Karwar - GOA.
Stretch between Shivamogga to Karwar very bad, TO AVOID, specially in the night.

++++++++++++++
Shimoga to Shikaripura, road condition was good as of Oct 2019. Shikaripura to Sirsi - I am not aware of the condition. SRS Mysuru-Mumbai Scania Semisleeper takes that route.

Raj ROVER

++++++++++++++
Shimoga to Shikaripura, road condition was good as of Oct 2019. Shikaripura to Sirsi - I am not aware of the condition. SRS Mysuru-Mumbai Scania Semisleeper takes that route.

Now it’s in bad conditions, full of big and deep patholes, without any road lights or signage etc ..
I had tuff time due to low ground clearance of my car.