Orange way of life -KTM 390

Sudhir bhai.. I also heard motul 15-50 is not good .. I have pulsar200ns the same thing told me. When i ask some of my friends they was saying its very thin and not for our engine.. It also gives seepage problem.
Regarding head cylinder gasket seepage is nomal thing in ktm/NS Afaik.
Can you tell about the Visor... Which bike.

sudhir222

Motoholic
Sudhir bhai.. I also heard motul 15-50 is not good .. I have pulsar200ns the same thing told me. When i ask some of my friends they was saying its very thin and not for our engine.. It also gives seepage problem.
Regarding head cylinder gasket seepage is nomal thing in ktm/NS Afaik.
Can you tell about the Visor... Which bike.
Well Sanchit, with respect to engine oils I usually stick to company specified ones, at least with the KTM.
Did quite a bit of experimentation on my LB 500 but this bike is a different ballgame.
The 7100 - I find it pretty good. Its about 3k kms since I changed it and the bike still runs smooth.
I believe 200NS/D200 has a different grade than 390?

OT: Actually, viscosity of 5100 15W50 and 7100 20W50 at 100 deg is almost same. So I really dont think there s much difference.

About the seepage- yes, I have accepted this for now and resigned/not worried anymore. But will definitely talk to the KTM management.
Oil leeks in a new bike, however high is the compression is not normal! There must be some reason behind this issue.
The visor is from Hero Stunner :)

Thnx for reply..
Pulsar200ns OEM oil 20w-50 semi synthetic and ktm 200 motul 20-50 fully synthetic same as ktm 390 only difference ktm 200 wants 1.2ltr

Mandar_C500

Well Sanchit, with respect to engine oils I usually stick to company specified ones, at least with the KTM.
Did quite a bit of experimentation on my LB 500 but this bike is a different ballgame.
The 7100 - I find it pretty good. Its about 3k kms since I changed it and the bike still runs smooth.
I believe 200NS/D200 has a different grade than 390?

OT: Actually, viscosity of 5100 15W50 and 7100 20W50 at 100 deg is almost same. So I really dont think there s much difference.

About the seepage- yes, I have accepted this for now and resigned/not worried anymore. But will definitely talk to the KTM management.
Oil leeks in a new bike, however high is the compression is not normal! There must be some reason behind this issue.
The visor is from Hero Stunner :)
Nice review Sudhir, How is your LB doing? No updates on LB?

sudhir222

Motoholic
Nice review Sudhir, How is your LB doing? No updates on LB?
Thank you mate! The Flyin Machine(thats how I call it) is so pissed off with me. Hardly using it since the katoom has come home.
Runs alright but I want it to be real strong for touring.
Lot of mods in pipeline - want to upgrade carb from bs32 to bs33, repaint the side boxes, headlamp cluster, rear fender, the breather line is proving to be a pain in the rear- need to fix it better, front forks and disc brake overhaul etc. So will be busy soon and there goes all the bucks :)
I dint follow your C5 mods thread - how is the bike running and any more changes?

Just got the info that KTM RC390 is to be launched on 9th September in India.

Cheers!
RB
Yes indeed!! Curious to check the new bike out.
However, my only interest is in using parts from it that would make the D390 a better tourer ;)

Mandar_C500

Thank you mate! The Flyin Machine(thats how I call it) is so pissed off with me. Hardly using it since the katoom has come home.
I dint follow your C5 mods thread - how is the bike running and any more changes?
I am back to stock due to rains. Planning some mods which should work in rains aswell.
We will discuss it in relevant thread.

Regards
Mandar

Sanket Sarkar

Looking good Sudhir! I am digging that shorty windscreen :D

By the way - For the LB, get me a place where we can copy camshafts and we can do something with your LB. I am getting mine sorted this month, so we can get the cams done once mine runs fine? If you're game.

-Sanket

sudhir222

Motoholic
Looking good Sudhir! I am digging that shorty windscreen :D

By the way - For the LB, get me a place where we can copy camshafts and we can do something with your LB. I am getting mine sorted this month, so we can get the cams done once mine runs fine? If you're game.

-Sanket
Haha, keep digging mate :)
My LB project will be on in Oct - need to save up a lot for the Bhutan ride, will be back by Oct II week. We can then work on this one.
Have you spoken to the IndiMotard guys? Lets also give a shot with AOM(we talk offline about possible issues here!).
I am at a loss as to who else can do a quality job on our bikes. This time I want the LB to run trouble free for at least 30k kms.
We need to get great tires as well. I think you should start a new thread baba - will pitch in with my changes as well.

Last edited:

KJa

Haha, keep digging mate :)

I am at a loss as to who else can do a quality job on our bikes. This time I want the LB to run trouble free for at least 30k kms.
Let me know if you find someone & you think our LBs can run trouble free for 30k kms :confused: