Out of the Blue, Pushkar

Discussion in 'Restaurants and Dhaba reviews' started by Yogesh Sarkar, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

There are a few places, which catch your eye and even if you don’t go into them, you make a mental note to do so, soon. This was the case with Out of the Blue Coffee House and Restaurant, which I had seen during my last trip to Pushkar and was unable to visit at that time. So when on the second day of this year’s Pushkar Camel Trip, we got ready for breakfast, we decided to pay this blue restaurant a visit.

out-of-the-blue-coffee-shop-and-restaurant.jpg

While there, Rohan ordered porridge, Rohan’s dad ordered Sandwich and Coffee and I decided to go the American way, by ordering Falafel, Hummus and Pita for breakfast and a Diet coke to save calories :D.

falafel-hummus-pita.jpg

While the Falafel and Hummus was sort of ok, but was no match for what I ate at Little Tibet Garden Restaurant. Since this was the first and the only time I ate Pita, I can’t really comment on it, but I am not a big fan of it.

Rohan’s dad was all praises for the coffee served by Out of the Blue and if I am correct, sandwich was ok as well.

Overall a nice restaurant, with a catchy name, nice ambiance, fast service, bright color scheme and superb location (right in the main market, not too far from Brahma Temple). I have already made a mental note to visit it again next year and have that coffee.

2. anupmathur

anupmathur Super Moderator Staff Member

That Falafel looks terrible! :eek:

And it is an Arab dish, not American.

3. Yogesh Sarkar

Yogesh Sarkar Administrator

I never said dish was American, I said I went the American way by ordering a calorie filled dish and pairing it with a diet coke :p

4. pushpinder

pushpinder Guru

"out of the blue, into the black"
    "you pay for this and they give you that".......................Neil Young

Must go and have the coffee though!!

5. kprixie

kprixie Active Member

Falafel looks ok..the hummous look terrible...all dry and plated badly. it should have some generous sloshings of olive oil on it. with some salad on the side.