Owning Nissan Terrano 85 ps

deepam

Super User
Last Thursday, I refuelled my car at the regular COCO IOC Pump @ Begumpet [near old Airport]. Within 50 m of driving suddenly my car engine was rough. Never I expected an Adulterated Diesel.
I complained to IOC and visited COCO outlet; they declined to conduct test on the Diesel from car tank. It is against the Oil Marketing Company to test Fuel from Car Tanks.
I did meet the Manager from IOC and he co-operated in conducting the standard allowed check. He showed me it was added with water the impact.
Then I took the car to Service station and mechanic pulled out diesel in water bottle and concluded the fuel is adulterated.

As I am already carrying Fuel of 35 litres plus; the Service Station gave clearance to drive in city and observe. Then another Mechanic gave me a Jugaad I am yet to implement it.

NGT panel is blaming the that Diesel is causing pollution. Agreed. Isn't it responsibility of Government to provide clean fuel and prevent Adulteration?
Some of the observations which came to my notice after interacting with many people:
  1. Diesel consumption has increased compared to Petrol; thanks to popular engines Fiat 1.3 MJD [Now Fiat 2.0 MJD], Renault K9K and Ford Diesel.
  2. Adulteration in Petrol has reduced; thanks to rampant complaints in the past. So there is strict vigilance; atleast for fuel supplied in city.
  3. Diesel is on, irrespective of Fuel Pumps.

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
Last Thursday, I refuelled my car at the regular COCO IOC Pump @ Begumpet [near old Airport]. Within 50 m of driving suddenly my car engine was rough. Never I expected an Adulterated Diesel.
I complained to IOC and visited COCO outlet; they declined to conduct test on the Diesel from car tank. It is against the Oil Marketing Company to test Fuel from Car Tanks.
I did meet the Manager from IOC and he co-operated in conducting the standard allowed check. He showed me it was added with water the impact.
Then I took the car to Service station and mechanic pulled out diesel in water bottle and concluded the fuel is adulterated.

As I am already carrying Fuel of 35 litres plus; the Service Station gave clearance to drive in city and observe. Then another Mechanic gave me a Jugaad I am yet to implement it.

NGT panel is blaming the that Diesel is causing pollution. Agreed. Isn't it responsibility of Government to provide clean fuel and prevent Adulteration?
Some of the observations which came to my notice after interacting with many people:
  1. Diesel consumption has increased compared to Petrol; thanks to popular engines Fiat 1.3 MJD [Now Fiat 2.0 MJD], Renault K9K and Ford Diesel.
  2. Adulteration in Petrol has reduced; thanks to rampant complaints in the past. So there is strict vigilance; atleast for fuel supplied in city.
  3. Diesel is on, irrespective of Fuel Pumps.
Common man is responsible for pollution, so he is the one who has to buy new vehicles, ensure he does not fill adulterated fuel, does not ends up getting bad service from service centers and then pay for pollution controlling measures. Companies and businesses are not at all responsible, their corporate responsibility is in making sure their coffers are full.

deepam

Super User
Common man is responsible for pollution, so he is the one who has to buy new vehicles, ensure he does not fill adulterated fuel, does not ends up getting bad service from service centers and then pay for pollution controlling measures. Companies and businesses are not at all responsible, their corporate responsibility is in making sure their coffers are full.
++++++++++++++++
Nicely summarized.