Owning Nissan Terrano 85 ps

deepam

Super User
The light combination switch I had to replace due to the fact that Low and High Beam operations at times it would get stuck. This is a toggle function.
Cost of the Light combination switch including Labour charges is INR 8699/-.
Just for 1 function I had to shell out this amount, something hard to digest. I then decided to open and strip the combination switch. Service center as expected said this is sealed and nothing can be done.
The engineer in me kicked up to disassemble the light combination.
The first challenge was the screw this cannot be opened up with a star screw.
So I got the switch home and on weekend pursued to disassemble and reassemble successfully.
Finally I was able to find the exact component where I could lubricate and can save the cost.
Next post I will share disassembled combination switch.

deepam

Super User
Disassemble Light combination switch stages and different views.
IMG_20200927_092315_1.jpg

IMG_20200927_100920_1.jpg

IMG_20200927_103554_1.jpg

IMG_20200927_102724.jpg

Below the white component, the vertical strip in black you see a small cylinder this is the heart of High and Low beam mechanism.
IMG_20200927_111659_1.jpg

Finally was successful in lubricating the right location and smoothing the operations.

deepam

Super User
I screwed up my car windshield with a bad brush in the haste to remove the oil film.
So the recent drive at night I could see circles / swirls. To add to it, before I started to drive I had not cleaned the windshield which I usually do. Not sure whether it was due to it or my haste cleaning with a bad brush.
In Fuel station in Mysore, I was offered free glass cleaning and post that I could not see the swirls while driving during rainy night; was pretty clear.

I was contemplating what to do next, as I believe a clear vision is important for our safety and third person or property. I also enquired the cost to replace the glass at Nissan Workshop it is INR 9.5k.

Yesterday my cousin had come to meet and casually he said that windshield scratches can be removed using Ceramic Oxide. I thought viola why this approach did not come my head.

Though I am yet to decide to take any action as I need to re-justify the need for it. I am posting my finding for benefit of others:

For removing Windshield scratches Master Mind Tech has explained steps very systematically credit to his efforts to demonstrate:

3M has a product that mentions Windshield Scratch removal and also few in Internet other forums tried that at 3M Store they found it to be not effective. I did go thru' lot of videos but I felt this was done correctly.

Then also I found out the video to hide / repair Windshield Cracks. This is not 100% repair but does solve to some extent:
Credit to the video owners.

Language in both are Hindi.

deepam

Super User
Bro it's time for a new car!!
+++++++++++++
Brother,
Due to COVID-19, not sure of financial flow.
I am not planning to change for next couple of years.

Tata Harrier was tempting, for some reason I did not like Interior color combination & compared to size boot space is lesser. Gravitas interior looks good but I do not need 6 or 7 seater.

NitinA

+++++++++++++
Brother,
Due to COVID-19, not sure of financial flow.
I am not planning to change for next couple of years.

Tata Harrier was tempting, for some reason I did not like Interior color combination & compared to size boot space is lesser. Gravitas interior looks good but I do not need 6 or 7 seater.
I am also keeping my Terrano for maybe next 2 - 3 yrs at the least. It still does everything flawlessly and very dependable for highway drives. Buying a new car is unnecessary waste of money especially in these times when one is mostly restricted to home. Having said that, Harrier is looking like a good option for an upgrade. Automatic has good reviews. Probably will wait for the next version of Harrier or maybe the next gen xuv 500.

deepam

Super User
I am also keeping my Terrano for maybe next 2 - 3 yrs at the least. It still does everything flawlessly and very dependable for highway drives. Buying a new car is unnecessary waste of money especially in these times when one is mostly restricted to home. Having said that, Harrier is looking like a good option for an upgrade. Automatic has good reviews. Probably will wait for the next version of Harrier or maybe the next gen xuv 500.
+++++++++
Nice Nitin, for company.
I do not recommend XUV 5OO.
For people who drove Duster or Terrano, suspension of XUV5OO is not up to the mark. At times I have got the floating feeling. I did not sit for long drives but small distances.

NitinA

+++++++++
Nice Nitin, for company.
I do not recommend XUV 5OO.
For people who drove Duster or Terrano, suspension of XUV5OO is not up to the mark. At times I have got the floating feeling. I did not sit for long drives but small distances.
True with the existing xuv500 but the next gen one going to be launched next year is a totally new vehicle. Most likely based on ssangyong korando and co developed with Ford. It will have totally different underpinings. Also expected to have level one of driver automation. Worth exploring then.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk