Oyo Premium (Hotel Amba International), Jodhpur

Admin01

Administrator
For my Christmas trip to Jodhpur, I decided to book a hotel room with Oyo and opted for their Premium property on Chaipasni, First Puliya.

While the booking process was fairly straight forward and easy and I did get a good discount as well, little did I know what was instore for us at the hotel.

Firstly the parking itself is along the side of the road and in case there are more than half a dozen vehicles, you have to park on the parking spot of local autos i.e. you can do it during the day.

Rooms were decent size and looked alright, however there was no natural light. So you have no clue what time of the day it is, once you’re in the room. Room booked by friend had a bathroom with uneven floor, which lead to water staying stagnant in the middle of the bathroom and since there was no wiper, it could not be cleaned.

oyo-premium-jodhpur.jpg

While the staff of the hotel was quite courteous, service was slow beyond any comprehension. More than one and a half hours to get glasses, that too after numerous phone calls to reception. Same was also true when we asked for towels, which took more than an hour to arrive.

Request for room cleaning also took over hour and a half and next day when there was no hot water; room service promised to bring it in a bucket and took the bucket away. 4 hours later when we checked out, there was still no sign of that bucket of hot water!

Overall service quality and cleanliness left a lot to be desired, especially since there was a rat in one of the rooms. In my view the hotel itself does not deserves a normal hotel tag, let alone a premium property, Oyo is marketing it as!

Prasham

Armchair Traveller :(
Oyo has simple done contract with hopeless hotels for their marketing. They haven't understood that simply improved marketing will not impress customers. They need to address the elephant in the room. Checkout reviews of almost any Oyo property and the reviews will be similar.

DKay

Super User
Oyo does a proper audit of rooms before contracting hotel/ guesthouses. For eg. , striped bedsheet, duvet's with striped cover, striped pillow cover, bed runner, 6 inch mattresse's etc etc are standard all across their contracting properties. Along with that power back up, Flat screen tv's and other aesthetically necessary items in the room are required as per Oyo policies. Hence, mostly in all Oyo properties, you will find very good to excellent looking suits.

But when it comes to bathrooms and services, there is no audit at all. Their theory is that the reviews on Oyo will show it all. And the reviews on Oyo reflect on the properties ranking on the site. Hence when it comes to service, not many properties do well.

Coming back to this property you have reviewd, the service really seems to be bad. What you have mentioned is all basic and should not take long.

Now a question, that has always played in my mind.

Its nice, especially at home, when a family member has a shower and wipes the floor for the next member to use. But, Is it ok for a budget hotel/ guesthouse to place individual wipers in guest bathrooms, how would a guest feel?

Admin01

Administrator
Oyo has simple done contract with hopeless hotels for their marketing. They haven't understood that simply improved marketing will not impress customers. They need to address the elephant in the room. Checkout reviews of almost any Oyo property and the reviews will be similar.
Main problem is, they don't show real hotel name till you're done booking. So one can't check independent websites for reviews.

Oyo does a proper audit of rooms before contracting hotel/ guesthouses. For eg. , striped bedsheet, duvet's with striped cover, striped pillow cover, bed runner, 6 inch mattresse's etc etc are standard all across their contracting properties. Along with that power back up, Flat screen tv's and other aesthetically necessary items in the room are required as per Oyo policies. Hence, mostly in all Oyo properties, you will find very good to excellent looking suits.

But when it comes to bathrooms and services, there is no audit at all. Their theory is that the reviews on Oyo will show it all. And the reviews on Oyo reflect on the properties ranking on the site. Hence when it comes to service, not many properties do well.

Coming back to this property you have reviewd, the service really seems to be bad. What you have mentioned is all basic and should not take long.

Now a question, that has always played in my mind.

Its nice, especially at home, when a family member has a shower and wipes the floor for the next member to use. But, Is it ok for a budget hotel/ guesthouse to place individual wipers in guest bathrooms, how would a guest feel?
Better to have a wiper in bathroom than water in the middle of it, especially since no one is going to call room service after each shower.