Phone services in Ladakh

Vik M

A query;
Does a Post-Paid Mumbai MTNL work in Ladakh for DATA Connection?
Or should i buy a BSNL postpaid connection from my hometown in Maharashtra??

Have a Prepaid Airtel as well.

skysat2005

Super User
A query;
Does a Post-Paid Mumbai MTNL work in Ladakh for DATA Connection?
Or should i buy a BSNL postpaid connection from my hometown in Maharashtra??

Have a Prepaid Airtel as well.
MTNL postpaid is provided roaming by BSNL and works well in Ladakh and other key places, for data as well. Outside prepaid connections don't work, only J&K prepaid connections are workable.

Vik M

MTNL postpaid is provided roaming by BSNL and works well in Ladakh and other key places, for data as well. Outside prepaid connections don't work, only J&K prepaid connections are workable.
Great!
I was aware of roaming for calls, but was not sure about Data connection.
Thanks for clearing my doubt.

arvin87

hello guys..
i want some advice, my bro and his frnds were to take a return route to delhi from leh via manali ..as per him they were to start on the 19th june and reach home sun night..their phones are not reachable/switch off since friday..and they havent contacted either.. basically is their something to worry bout or the phone/nw availability is like this only...

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
There is no network between Upshi and Jispa. If they took a detour to Tso Moriri, then they will likely reach around Keylong today. Otherwise ideally, they should have reached Keylong yesterday.

aarem

I have a Reliance GSM prepaid sim. I presume that this does not work? Should we get prepaid BSNL at Leh? Thanks!

Roadhunk

MUSAFIR HU, PARYATAK NAHI
Well, i want to say that yesterday my friends called me from leh, i am 100% sure they are using airtel postpaid. I was also able to call them, the sound quality was good. but there were some connectivity issues during there travel from manali to leh. Guys, I m 99% sure about my friend but still 1% there is chance of misunderstanding. Correct me if i m wrong.