Phone services in Ladakh

aslam_1991

Hi there,

I am not residing in india. and im travelling till sarchu only this june. Would i still be able to get GSM connectivity on a pre-paid sim at sarchu and jispa? any chance 3G might be working in those places? Thank you very much.

Aslam

bondhutto

Travel Dreamer
Nope, postpaid connections aren't issued for short duration. You can always cancel it later or go for Jevansathi Plan, which requires you to spend around Rs. 100 or 200 in 6 months with zero rental.
Thanks YS. Will be happy with my Airtel postpaid. Rest, will depend on situation. koi na koi phone booth mil hi jaayega.

Vik M

Hi there,

I am not residing in india. and im travelling till sarchu only this june. Would i still be able to get GSM connectivity on a pre-paid sim at sarchu and jispa? any chance 3G might be working in those places? Thank you very much.

Aslam
Sarchu from where? Sarchu has no network whatsoever. Anyways your prepaid will work till HP border.

bondhutto

Travel Dreamer
Hi. Airtel postpaid works only in Leh city. If you are in a group, get atleast one connection of BSNL postpaid.
Ya I know that. Not going in any group till now - so thinking of relying on phone booths at places.

No worries, I've been in Leh before, that time with Vodafone and it did not work in Leh city also. I know the status of connectivities at places there O:)

Rosily Dhur

I want to know how to activate bsnl postpaid data pack on?!
The connection is of kolkata... but cnt use the internet inspite of having full tower.

bondhutto

Travel Dreamer
I had airtel postpaid, the data pack - I mean GPRS worked fine there.

Connection was problematic in Kargil. Full network but calls were not going through, forget about the GPRS.

In Nubra this time, BSNL service was superb. Last time it was dead network most of the time of the day.