Photoblog: Delhi-Goa-Delhi road trip

deepam

Super User
Superb Trip: Gaurav. Tempting me to take one from Hyderabad - Mumbai - Goa [through coast] - Hyderabad.
Real nice planning. You were single driver or your wife also drives and did you give your car to wifey to drive during the trip?
So Duster gave you an average of 21+ kmpl on this trip. Awesome man.
How much did you pay for ferries?

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Superb Trip: Gaurav. Tempting me to take one from Hyderabad - Mumbai - Goa [through coast] - Hyderabad.
Real nice planning. You were single driver or your wife also drives and did you give your car to wifey to drive during the trip?
So Duster gave you an average of 21+ kmpl on this trip. Awesome man.
How much did you pay for ferries?
Thanks Deepam. Yes you should definitely go for this route. Though my wife does drive, she wanted to relax at the backseat with the baby. So mainly, i drove throughout except a few stretches. Duster gave a pretty good mileage on highway, not 21 but a bit less than that. I started with a tank full and when i entered Delhi the tank was around half. So, you can add some 1500 to that amount.
The ferries are pretty reasonable. Rs 230 for the car including 4 passengers. They start plying early in the morning around 6:30.

Manpreet84

Bullet in my head.
Hi gaurav, planning this same itinerary but we have only 9 days in hand. We are only 2( my BIL and me and we both drive) who are going to Goa. Want to stay 3 nights in Goa. If we leave Delhi around 1 am can we reach Vadodara till next evening.
Next day can we reach from Vadodara to Murud Beach?

On 3rd day plan to reach Goa taking sagari mahamarg.

Another 3 nights in Goa.

Goa - Nashik

Nashik - bhilwara via dhule, Ratlam

Bhilwara - Delhi

uturn

Super User
Hi gaurav, planning this same itinerary but we have only 9 days in hand. We are only 2( my BIL and me and we both drive) who are going to Goa. Want to stay 3 nights in Goa. If we leave Delhi around 1 am can we reach Vadodara till next evening.
Next day can we reach from Vadodara to Murud Beach?

On 3rd day plan to reach Goa taking sagari mahamarg.

Another 3 nights in Goa.

Goa - Nashik

Nashik - bhilwara via dhule, Ratlam

Bhilwara - Delhi
If you start earlier then you can easily cover upto murud.
Vadodara-surat-Thane(chances of traffic on creek bridge)-Panvel-pen (bad to worst conditions of the road)
Pen-vadkhal-alibaug
Alibaug-murud.(beside sea shore)
Other alternative is
Panvel-khopoli(express way) exit towards pali once you cross eway extreme left to imagica towards pali-wakan
Once you hit wakan (nh17) immediate after bridge take a right turn towards Roha
Roha-Murud.
For sagari mahamarg try to cover in day time lot of fun & beautiful nature but keep in mind requires patience less traffic lot of twists and turns.
Goa-chorla-Belgaum-Kolhapur-pune-nasik.
Or
Goa-Sawantwadi-Amboli-Nippani-Kolhapur-pune-Nasik.
Second one is short with beautiful Amboli Ghat.
Second one with beautiful roads throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manpreet84

Bullet in my head.
Hello @uturn now there is a change in a plan. I am traveling with 3 kids age between 7 and 4 months (youngest). I am planning to cover Del-goa in 3 days. I will take Mumbai- Pune express way. I would like to know are there enough dhabas and restaurants enroute Goa from Mumbai?

While going back from Goa to Delhi is it advisable to take Goa- pune- dhule- nimuch- chittorgarh- Jaipur- Delhi. Are there enough dhabas and stay options enroute and what about the road conditions?

Which of the below mentioned routes is better in terms of road conditions, dhabas and traffic from Jaipur to Udaipur?

Jaipur - ajmer- Udaipur

OR

Jaipur - bhilwara- Udaipur

And from Udaipur to Mumbai

Udaipur- Halol - Vadodara- Mumbai

OR

Udaipur- Ahmedabad- vadodara- Mumbai

uturn

Super User
Hello @uturn now there is a change in a plan. I am traveling with 3 kids age between 7 and 4 months (youngest). I am planning to cover Del-goa in 3 days. I will take Mumbai- Pune express way. I would like to know are there enough dhabas and restaurants enroute Goa from Mumbai?

While going back from Goa to Delhi is it advisable to take Goa- pune- dhule- nimuch- chittorgarh- Jaipur- Delhi. Are there enough dhabas and stay options enroute and what about the road conditions?

Which of the below mentioned routes is better in terms of road conditions, dhabas and traffic from Jaipur to Udaipur?

Jaipur - ajmer- Udaipur

OR

OR

If you want to cover Delhi -Goa in 3days the faster & better one is Ahmedabad-Surat-Thane-pune(eway)-Satara-Kolhapur-Nippani-Ajara-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Mapusa/Panjim.
Else Go upto Belgaum & then Belgaum-chorla-Mapusa best roads.
(You can change the sequence as per your time permits as both are scenic)

Lot of eateries on the way upto Nippani/Belgaum.busy 24x7.only try to cover Belgaum/Nippani-Goa in day light due to wildlife & lesser traffic but both are very much safe.

While returning you can go via pune-Nasik-Dhule or if shirdi is in the plan then only via pune -A.Nagar-shirdi-Dhule.
Only problem is you need to cross entire pune city.

Else same via Mumbai(Thane).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal

Jaipur - ajmer- Udaipur

OR

OR

Hi Manpreet.

Although its pretty doable, there's little fun in doing Delhi to Goa in 3 days.

If you have less days in hands, I would suggest travel to Mumbai by train/flight and then take a self driven car though the coastal highway (sagari mahamarg). You can come back via Belgaum, Satara, Kolhapur and this can be easily done in 9 days including good 4 days in Goa.

However, if you plan to drive from Delhi only, this is what I suggest;

Day 1: Delhi- Bhilwara - Udaipur
Day 2: Udaipur - Halol (remember to take the state highway after Shamlaji) - Thane
Day 3: Thane - Satara- Kolhapur - Belgaum - Goa
Day 4: Goa
Day 5: Goa
Day 6: Goa - Belgaum - Kolhapur - Satara - Pune
Day 7: Pune - Nashik (bypass) - Dhule - Indore
Day 8: Indore - Chittaurgarh
Day 9: Chittaurgarh - Delhi

Plenty of dhabas all the way!

Last edited:

Manpreet84

Bullet in my head.
Update is Kids and Wife are not joining. We will leave Delhi around 1 am. Plan is to reach outskirts of Mumbai till 9 or 10 pm(possible with little breaks, we will hire a driver till Ajmer after Ajmer we both will drive and used to drive long for e.g. Delhi- Manali non stop?)

In this way we can leave Mumbai early morning and will able to take sagari mahamarg and can stay for a night in Ratanagiri. Possible?

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Update is Kids and Wife are not joining. We will leave Delhi around 1 am. Plan is to reach outskirts of Mumbai till 9 or 10 pm(possible with little breaks, we will hire a driver till Ajmer after Ajmer we both will drive and used to drive long for e.g. Delhi- Manali non stop?)

In this way we can leave Mumbai early morning and will able to take sagari mahamarg and can stay for a night in Ratanagiri. Possible?
The below plan is a bit hectic. But here it is:

Day 0: Start at 1 am
Day 1: Reach Vapi
Day 2: Vapi to Dapoli
Day 3: Dapoli to Ratnagiri via Sagari Mahamarg
Day 4: Ratnagiri to Goa via Sagari Mahamarg
Day 5: Goa
Day 6: Goa
Day 7: Goa to Pune
Day 8: Pune to Indore
Day 9: Indore to Delhi

Try to get enough sleep before you drive. Avoid night driving as much as possible.

Last edited: