Photoblog: Delhi-Goa-Delhi road trip

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Hi @gauravtalan your photo blog inspired me and i am planning the same road trip. Gurgaon to Goa. I am keen to take up the same route- for just the view. We planning this trip in August. Considering its monsoon then, would you recommend this route?
Hi Pallavi, Sorry for the late reply. Monsoon is actually the best season to experience the western ghats. However, I recommend not to focus on beaches in August and design an itinerary which covers more waterfalls. Not to miss the Marleshwar falls and its likes near Chiplun and Ratnagiri.

Lo Pan

titianomaniac
Hi Pallavi, Sorry for the late reply. Monsoon is actually the best season to experience the western ghats. However, I recommend not to focus on beaches in August and design an itinerary which covers more waterfalls. Not to miss the Marleshwar falls and its likes near Chiplun and Ratnagiri.
That's my sis BTW, trying to get her into the BCMT lifestyle..:whistle:
Now her trips been postponed to September, and what she really wanted to know was about the condition of the SH i.e the Sagari Mahamarg during/post Monsoon season..
This would be her first long distance tour and they just want to be assured that it's doable in a hatchback, any feedback regarding that would be great.
Also would you recommend coming back the same way you did or would heading back via Rajasthan make more sense ?

uturn

Super User
Great Sagari Mahamarg!
Great Coverage !
Great Views !
Great Pics!

@uturn
How will be the Route Condition of Sagari Mahamarg post Monsoon ?
It will be in mix conditions somewhere good somewhere patchy but most beautiful with lot of twists & turns very less traffic,safe but try to cover before sunset.
Sagari mahamarg is at sea side if you need to come across sahyadri range mahabaleshwar/marleshwar etc then again you have to come towards east side say avarage 50/60kms.
If you are doing it from longer distance then you enter to sagari mahamarg from Mumbai pen Alibaug & exit upto goa & return via Amboli or chorla to hit nh4 so that it will not be hectic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
That's my sis BTW, trying to get her into the BCMT lifestyle..:whistle:
Now her trips been postponed to September, and what she really wanted to know was about the condition of the SH i.e the Sagari Mahamarg during/post Monsoon season..
This would be her first long distance tour and they just want to be assured that it's doable in a hatchback, any feedback regarding that would be great.
Also would you recommend coming back the same way you did or would heading back via Rajasthan make more sense ?
Great! Sagari Mahamarg condition is mostly good. Even though the road is single, that is not a problem as traffic also is less. Can be easily done in a hatchback. No offroading anywhere.
I came back via Indore - Chittautgarh which was a bit faster than NH8 as the trucks were less and road condition was good.

gauravtalan

Himalayan Monal
Great Sagari Mahamarg!
Great Coverage !
Great Views !
Great Pics!

@uturn
How will be the Route Condition of Sagari Mahamarg post Monsoon ?
Thank you sir. Post monsoon the road may be not as good in winter but should be doable. It connects a lot of villages on the shore so i suppose they have to maintain it regularly.