Photography help

Suresh Babu

Explorer
Dear Experts,
I am having Nikon D3100 and sigma 18-200 dc lens, and nikon 70 - 300 lens, i want to take photos in party hall where lights are very dull and people are moving.
i am keeping my cam in manual mode using 18 to 200 lens, ISO very high at maximum, lens is in auto focus.
still my iam not satisfied with my photos, please suggest. do i have change my lens or body for better photos.
how to take better pictures in low light conditions, pleas suggest.

Ankur003

UltraWideLife.com
Dear Experts,
I am having Nikon D3100 and sigma 18-200 dc lens, and nikon 70 - 300 lens, i want to take photos in party hall where lights are very dull and people are moving.
i am keeping my cam in manual mode using 18 to 200 lens, ISO very high at maximum, lens is in auto focus.
still my iam not satisfied with my photos, please suggest. do i have change my lens or body for better photos.
how to take better pictures in low light conditions, pleas suggest.
Suresh,
Can you post one or two (max) images for us to understand what kind of lighting you trying to shoot and how are your current results.
Also let us know values of Aperture (f number) and exposure time and ISO you are using in manual mode.

nishchaya

Dreamer
For low light conditions, you'll need a fast lens else you'll always get a motion blur in your pictures. To me, the best solution would be to get an external flash and bounce it off the ceiling or use a diffuser on your flash (if bouncing if not feasible)

Yogesh Sarkar

Administrator
You need more light, couple of studio lights or external flashes set to bounce from either side of the room will help quite a bit, otherwise you will end up with blurred images or grain or both.

Suresh Babu

Explorer
Suresh,
Can you post one or two (max) images for us to understand what kind of lighting you trying to shoot and how are your current results.
Also let us know values of Aperture (f number) and exposure time and ISO you are using in manual mode.

sorry for late, please find my party photos and suggest some ideas
DSC_0070.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg

earthian

Wanderer
When taking photographs at such events, inside closed rooms; it would be necessary to have apertures at high f stops to gain maximum depth of field. Under such circumstances, while you can crank up the ISO, it would lead to grainy exposures which would not be appreciated since you are dealing with humans. The best course of action would be to use an external flash.

Suresh Babu

Explorer
Thank you for
When taking photographs at such events, inside closed rooms; it would be necessary to have apertures at high f stops to gain maximum depth of field. Under such circumstances, while you can crank up the ISO, it would lead to grainy exposures which would not be appreciated since you are dealing with humans. The best course of action would be to use an external flash.
Thank you earthian, still i dont have external flash, i will soon get. still any suggestions furthermore.