Pirelli Route tyres 15" avenger - Review

hkrish

Hi Dj_The Game,

Thanks for the review. I am also planning to get my avenger tyres changed (only 2 yrs old, 12 K - kms), in interest of avoiding skids and better stability on braking.

1). Did you change both the front and rear tyres or did you change the rear tyre alone.

2). If i have read it correctly, you have already driven 4000 kms with these new set of tyres

3). Chaning the rear view alone to 140/90 and leaving the front to live with 90/90 is somewhat very odd.
I suppose changing front to 110/90 or 120/90, with rear to 150/90 will give the best traction, stability while braking.
Im okay with drop in mileage, for more stability with regards to this bike. Hope i will not screw up the engine for
anything if i go for wider tyres.

Thanks
Hkrish

Dj_TheGame

Falcon!
Hi Dj_The Game,

Thanks for the review. I am also planning to get my avenger tyres changed (only 2 yrs old, 12 K - kms), in interest of avoiding skids and better stability on braking.

1). Did you change both the front and rear tyres or did you change the rear tyre alone.

2). If i have read it correctly, you have already driven 4000 kms with these new set of tyres

3). Chaning the rear view alone to 140/90 and leaving the front to live with 90/90 is somewhat very odd.
I suppose changing front to 110/90 or 120/90, with rear to 150/90 will give the best traction, stability while braking.
Im okay with drop in mileage, for more stability with regards to this bike. Hope i will not screw up the engine for

Thanks
Hkrish
Sorry for late reply dude.... Y ai have changed both of them at the same time..... and yeah i have done 4000kms now even more....... :)
dont go front with 120/90 no use its rather too much for avenger in front.

Tyre is good but soft compound if u go too much off roading it will wear off quickly.... but still not that quickly :):)

bhairav

Thanks
Hkrish
I have seen an Eliminator with 150/90 15" rear tyre. So it must not create any issue...

Dj_TheGame

Falcon!
If u really going for a look then 150 or 160 ur choice but if u r thinking about more stability and a better tire these are enough I think ...;)

hkrish

If u really going for a look then 150 or 160 ur choice but if u r thinking about more stability and a better tire these are enough I think ...;)

Thanks a lot for the answers. What dimension did you use in front 100/90 or 120/90 ?
Front i wanted to change due to odd rake angle in avenger in front wheel. Its like if you turn quickly the front wheel and the floor
is slippery (loose mud or gravel), you are down in no time. Hence planning to change the front wheel.

One last important question how much was the drop in mileage you observed ?

Shop guy says there is not much difference in weight of the tyres and since they're wider they should push more, and there will
be a mileage drop due to increased road contact. Do you think he is right. How much could be the drop in mileage.

jainlokesh

Hi Dj,

We are planning trip to Leh including Tso-kar/Tso-moriri.. I need to change my Avenger 180 tyres and came across this post.. Do you think these tyres would be good for such trips too?

You have written "They are not hard to surface and me but rather sticky to road and soft on me".. won't the sticky nature of tyres attract more gravel and might lead to more punctures..

I read somewhere that such tyres are good for racing tracks/tarred/metalled roads or wet surfaces (as you have mentioned). But for places like Leh, it is better to have tyres which are comparatively harder.. that is why for such trips it is suggested to have little more than required air in your tyres..

have you driven to Leh using these tyres?

What are your views?

Cheers !!
Lokesh

hkrish

DJ_TheGame, for front also u used Pirelli m66.
If so i see for R17 i see only 120/90. Is it 120/90 ?

Anyone fitted 120/90 in avenger front side ? Service center folks are saying it may scrub with the mud-guard as the stock fitting comes only with 90/90 R17
so they're saying dont got more than 100/90 for R17. DJ_TheGame, please,.please help.

Dj_TheGame

Falcon!
DJ_TheGame, for front also u used Pirelli m66.
If so i see for R17 i see only 120/90. Is it 120/90 ?

Anyone fitted 120/90 in avenger front side ? Service center folks are saying it may scrub with the mud-guard as the stock fitting comes only with 90/90 R17
so they're saying dont got more than 100/90 for R17. DJ_TheGame, please,.please help.
sorry for late reply.. its only 100/90.. i dont think so there is 120/90 for r 17