Place to eat on NH1

skysat2005

Super User
i think Sukdev ka dhaba is the best option at Murthal....
Sukhdev is highly over rated now. Service has gone down many folds.:( Same case with Jhilmil Karnal.
There are many other dhabas such as Ahuja and Gulshan, offering much better food and service than Sukhdev.

Haveli is also better.

Last edited:

torq118

Awesome Member
I havent tried Gulshan, but when compared to others.. i still think that Sukhdev offers the best quality and taste...

Sukhdev is hinghly over rated now. Service has gone down many folds.:( Same case with Jhilmil Karnal.
There are many other dhabas such as Ahuja and Gulshan, offering much better food and service than Sukhdev.

Haveli is also better.

SachinOnTop

Full Use Else Lose
Taste, ambience, hygiene, price and (overall) quality varies person-to-person!

You can also try Sonipat's Chokhi Dhani, Murthal Haveli, Murthal McDonalds, Mayur Dhaba at Karnal, etc.

Haveli at Murthal, Neelkanth Star Complex at Karnal, KFC and Sagar Ratna at Karnal, Mcdonalds, Dominos and Subway (Savoy Greens) at Karnal, Haveli at Karnal are among the premium eateries.

As for dhabas, Sukhdev is passable while Gulshan, Mangla and Ahuja are slightly better although the crowd suggests otherwise. Sitara dhaba (on to right, shortly after Gannnaur) is the latest one I have tried and I was happy with the quality and taste, both of which at Mayur dhaba and Jhilmil dhaba (Karnal) have taken a dip lately.

If you are open to venture under the Panipat flyover, ground floor restaurant at Hotel Gold serves not so expensive good food. And there's Haldirams in a mall (on to right) towards the end of Panipat for which you'd have to take a U-turn from the toll gates.

@ Sachin bhai - There's no Mcdonalds at Murthal.

gkapoor

Super User
Under the PNP flyover there are a couple of good places on both sides..Hotel Maharaja, Hotel Gold (as suggested already), Nathus and one more whose name I forgot :p