Places to stay between Manali Leh?

smeetsinha

Dear All,

I would like to do manali to leh in 2 night stops.
Kindly suggest what could be those 2 stops to stay in night bwtween manali to leh, considering High altitude is not an issue.

Thanks
Smeet Sinha

smeetsinha

Take a look here: http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/ladakh-zanskar-f24/accommodation-ladakh-along-routes-ladakh-t11641/

You don't really need two night halts; one is usually enough.
If on motorbike, you could consider two - at Keylong/Jispa and then at Sarchu.
Many thanks of the link sir!!

I will be going on motorbike and my wife would be on the Pillion seat :)
So i guess two halt can give some comfort :(

And of course i will get some time for the photography by doing so.

castaway

If you start from Manali at 6am , you can easily reach Keylong by 3pm and Jispa by 5 pm......keylong offers more options to stay.. again if you start jispa at 6 am you can easily reach peng by 4 pm........so i think jispa and peng are better options...it gives you easy rides and plenty of photo session opportunities...

smeetsinha

If you start from Manali at 6am , you can easily reach Keylong by 3pm and Jispa by 5 pm......keylong offers more options to stay.. again if you start jispa at 6 am you can easily reach peng by 4 pm........so i think jispa and peng are better options...it gives you easy rides and plenty of photo session opportunities...
Grt...

Now i have the idea about the accomodation near Jispa after going through the link shared by Anupsir, At Jispa we can get few good tented accomodation.

But how about Pang? What kind of accomodations available there in Pang?

darshan

The Seeker ...
This time when we visited we had stayed in Darcha and Rumtse.
Though Rumtse will be a little difficult if More plains is in bad shape..

deepaktomar

Grt...

Now i have the idea about the accomodation near Jispa after going through the link shared by Anupsir, At Jispa we can get few good tented accomodation.

But how about Pang? What kind of accomodations available there in Pang?
tent accomodation.

ramamoorthyh

confused soul
Hi

Even though Keylong looks sweet, better not stay there.. push on to Darcha.. atleast till Jispa..

We made a mistake of staying in Keylong and had to cross major water-crossings between Darcha and Sarchu in the afternoon.. :shock: It's better to cross the watercrossing in early morning. water-crossings are on account of glacial melting. water flowing as a small stream in early morning will take demonic proportions in the afternoon as more water melting as the day goes by..

Last year (2011), the Pagalnala between Darcha and Sarchu was horrible in the afternoon when we crossed it..We just scraped through..better to leave Manali by 4/5 am and push on..till Darcha..From Darcha you can stay in Sarchu, which you will reach early afternoon. You can either push on till Pang or stick on at Sarchu. Between Sarchu and Pang, there is only one water-crossing.. which was easy.. We left Sarchu at 7am and reached Leh by 8pm
pagal nala.jpg

this is how it looked in early morning...:). This photo was taken by my friend Harsh Sharma, who had stayed in Darcha..

ride safe

ramamoorthy:)

smeetsinha

This time when we visited we had stayed in Darcha and Rumtse.
Though Rumtse will be a little difficult if More plains is in bad shape..
Darshan,
What kinda accomodation is there in darcha, is it ok to stay there along with family?

anupmathur

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pang is not recommended as the second-night stay. It is a thousand feet higher than Sarchu. Also the accommodation options are far better at Sarchu. Pang has only 'dhaba' tents, no swiss tents.
Jispa Journeys tent camp at Jispa would be nice. Himalayan Saga at Sarchu.